w204 intelligent lighting dipped bulb?

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Castor79, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Castor79

Castor79 Member

Car:
    2013 C63 estate
    Hi,

Quick question - my dipped bulb has blown, is this a replacement that I can order and fit myself or do I need a dealer to do it? Anyone done this and could give me an idea of cost please?

thanks,

2. jon.english68

jon.english68 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    C220 AMG Sport Plus Coupe
    It is my understanding that the ILS used bi xenons so the same light for both full and dip beam, if you only have you dip fail then you probably have standard head lights with halogen headlights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. OP
    OP
    Castor79

Castor79 Member

Car:
    2013 C63 estate
    Definitely ILS; say so on the lamps! I've just spoken with MB and it's a £140 bulb which is both dipped and main :doh:

4. ash59fifty-uk

ash59fifty-uk Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W204 C63, Ford Transit
    It's definitely the one bulb, have you tried your reg on the autobulbs website? I'm unsure of the price of xenon replacements but if they're no cheaper on there, perhaps give MB Newcastle a call. They seem to be cheaper than other main dealers

5. cheddar

cheddar Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    CLK63 AMG, s211 E320 CDI
    It is a D1S xenon bulb for sure.
    They available from all over but be warned about getting one online from anywhere other than a reputable retailer, theres lots of fakes about especially on ebay and amazon. the factory bulb is usually osram, costing about £75 from euro car parts, don't waste your money on a genuine one (same part in a posher box).
    It's a doddle to do yourself, but they really should be changed as a pair so that the colour matches (they change with age).
    Gav.