w204 intelligent lighting dipped bulb?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Castor79

Car
2013 C63 estate
Hi,

Quick question - my dipped bulb has blown, is this a replacement that I can order and fit myself or do I need a dealer to do it? Anyone done this and could give me an idea of cost please?

thanks,

It is my understanding that the ILS used bi xenons so the same light for both full and dip beam, if you only have you dip fail then you probably have standard head lights with halogen headlights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is my understanding that the ILS used bi xenons so the same light for both full and dip beam, if you only have you dip fail then you probably have standard head lights with halogen headlights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely ILS; say so on the lamps! I've just spoken with MB and it's a £140 bulb which is both dipped and main :doh:

It's definitely the one bulb, have you tried your reg on the autobulbs website? I'm unsure of the price of xenon replacements but if they're no cheaper on there, perhaps give MB Newcastle a call. They seem to be cheaper than other main dealers

It is a D1S xenon bulb for sure.
They available from all over but be warned about getting one online from anywhere other than a reputable retailer, theres lots of fakes about especially on ebay and amazon. the factory bulb is usually osram, costing about £75 from euro car parts, don't waste your money on a genuine one (same part in a posher box).
It's a doddle to do yourself, but they really should be changed as a pair so that the colour matches (they change with age).
Gav.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom