W204 intermittent ABS/ESP etc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That's the one.

Seems odd. The EPC says this is a molded seal and nothing else. No mention, even in parts catalogues, that it has a magnetic ring inside it. Odder of course is that there is no mention of thisd in any part of the WIS/ASRA/EPC system

Not sure exactly on yours but it is usually just part of the bearing assembly on the front.
I've only ever changed the full wheel bearing aseembly.

Can't seem to recall anything metal being drawn to my ring 🤔.

Maybe not magnetic but there's a hit and miss affair between ring and sensor . Its maybe just a hall type sensor affair ....

Seems odd. The EPC says this is a molded seal and nothing else. No mention, even in parts catalogues, that it has a magnetic ring inside it. Odder of course is that there is no mention of thisd in any part of the WIS/ASRA/EPC system
excuse the rubbish screen shot, but a quick Google of the part number for my car finds this. Note the supplementary info (circled in red):
Untitled-1.jpg

It's simply a matter of looking at where the sensor goes.
If it sits horizontal from the inside to the outside it is picking up at the end of the bearing.

Beware some of the non OEM sensors (electrical), some older ones were simply a coil that generated a voltage when the magnet passed over it. The newer ones are what I'd call "active" sensors.

I usually get Bosch ones after cross referencing the OEM part number.

excuse the rubbish screen shot, but a quick Google of the part number for my car finds this. Note the supplementary info (circled in red):
View attachment 110068
You need to buy this from a dealer . Aftermarket ones just don't seem to work tbh.

You need to buy this from a dealer . Aftermarket ones just don't seem to work tbh.
👍Yep, I'd stick to OEM usually. That just happened to be the one that pinged up in Google search of the MB part number

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom