W204 - Keyless Go option

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The funny thing is....when you go to check if your car is locked, it will automatically unlock LOL

I don't know how the mercedes one work, but I had the lexus IS250 with keyless go and does the following;

It won't lock the car if the key is inside,

When you come out of the car, you need to press a little button on the door handle to lock the car and to unlock, you just pull the door handle and it unlocks.

It won't unlock if you just go near it.

edit: The other thing is that I once gave my friend my bag containing my car key and continued driving for several miles and it did'twarn me or anything until I stopped to but fuel and hey presto...

Last edited:
No UK Keyless-Go in UK - Yet!

The reason for no UK Keyless-Go for any mainstream model save S and CL is because it has not had the necessary tweak for it to work in cars with Deadlocks. Thanks to the UK insurance rating agency Thatcham, the matter of Deadlocks is now one of their considerations - hence all (or most) new UK cars have it. MB did tweak the KG for S and CL because they deemed KG to be commercially desirable - for MB, but not for other models, this despite the fact that most competitors now provide and some do so as standard. It is understood that MB will add KG to the June 2012 production but check with MB head office, preferably in writing, to get an accurate update.

The lack of keyless go on all but the AMG C class coupe is one of the reasons I am not buying the 350 coupe. It might appear a small thing but given I've been "keyless" from 2003 the idea of not having it would irritate me every time I got into the car.
No UK Keyless-Go in UK - Yet!
The reason for no UK Keyless-Go for any mainstream model save S and CL is because it has not had the necessary tweak for it to work in cars with Deadlocks. Thanks to the UK insurance rating agency Thatcham, the matter of Deadlocks is now one of their considerations - hence all (or most) new UK cars have it. MB did tweak the KG for S and CL because they deemed KG to be commercially desirable - for MB, but not for other models, this despite the fact that most competitors now provide and some do so as standard. It is understood that MB will add KG to the June 2012 production but check with MB head office, preferably in writing, to get an accurate update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom