W204 - Keyless Go option

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fuji

Car
C250 CDI AMG ED125 Coupe
Managed to get hold of a German C-Class Coupe brochure which includes KEYLESS-GO as an option.

keyless.jpg

Wonder why it's not being offered in the UK? Is it available at all on the FL C-Class?

Managed to get hold of a German C-Class Coupe brochure which includes KEYLESS-GO as an option.

View attachment 25496

Wonder why it's not being offered in the UK? Is it available at all on the FL C-Class?

It's a great feature which you can now get on a Ford Fiesta :eek:

Yes and their advert makes it sound as if they invented it!

I thought the Fiesta ad makes the system seem very insecure - locked keys in car etc.

It's a whole lot cleverer than the short ad gives it credit for.

The lack of keyless go on all but the AMG C class coupe is one of the reasons I am not buying the 350 coupe. It might appear a small thing but given I've been "keyless" from 2003 the idea of not having it would irritate me every time I got into the car.

The lack of keyless go on all but the AMG C class coupe is one of the reasons I am not buying the 350 coupe. It might appear a small thing but given I've been "keyless" from 2003 the idea of not having it would irritate me every time I got into the car.

Absolutely :thumb:.

strangely in the UK, keyless go is not an option on any E class, or any CLS.

strangely in the UK, keyless go is not an option on any E class, or any CLS.

My CLS is keyless, can't find the bloody key's. Been working in the garden all day and now it pitch black. I now wish I had had attached one of those whistle tracers :eek::mad:

Had it for three years on my Mondeo- excellent feature but soon got used to the keys again!

Its nice to have, but its hardly a deal breaker IMHO. I've sampled it on an S class and its more a convenience nicety than a real must. Think of it another way, the money you will have spent on Keyless go, you can put towards a professional detail or other options for the car (nappa leather etc)

W204's don't have keyless go because of the deadlocks. This is a UK option the insurance companies are supposed to insisted on. EU cars don't have deadlocks.

W204's don't have keyless go because of the deadlocks. This is a UK option the insurance companies are supposed to insisted on. EU cars don't have deadlocks.

Yes this is what MB told me but unless Thatcham are picking on Mercedes, one has to assume that deadlocks is a requirement for every manufacturer. So why can nearly every other maker manage it?

If a remote control can operate Mercedes' mechanical deadlocks, there would seem to be no reason why Keyless Go cannot. This led me to think Thatcham might have identified some inherent weakness in Mercedes implementation of Keyless Go but if this were the case, I would have thought someone else worldwide would have discovered it and forced Mercedes to upgrade.

Regardless, it is poor that a feature that Mercedes brought to market (yes, before Renault) and, like so many of their innovations, has found its way into mainstream runabouts, cannot be specified on a premium vehicle. None of Mercedes' cars introduced in the last 5 years or so can be had with Keyless Go in the UK (ie C Saloon and Coupe, E Saloon and Coupe, CLS, SLK). Beyond the next ML, A and B Class, the next cars to be replaced should be the REAL premium cars (S and SL). I wonder if Mercedes will continue to refuse to address this. They face the prospect, having once been the only manufacturer to offer Keyless Go on any car in the UK in 1999, of being the only manufacturer NOT to offer it on any vehicle in their range.

It HAS been a deal-breaker for me and will be again solely because MB are treating their UK customer base as poor relations in the same way they have done in so many ways in the past (eg 4-matic, knee airbags etc). My W211 E320 had Keyless Go and it was replaced by an (excellent) Audi A6 where I would probably have lazily gone for a W212. I also have an E350 Coupe to satisfy my need to own a Merc but I am irritated every time I am forced to turn that pesky key.

Even my youngest daughter's Toyota iQ has Keyless Go by another name and her older sister will, I am sure, opt for a new Z4 over an SLK next year with lack of Keyless Go being a big black mark for the latter.

Interesting... a friend's SL55 was stolen some years ago from his office car park, the car was gone in less than 5 minutes and no one ever explained to him how this was possible (he had both keys, which the insurer asked to see). I wonder if this is the answer....

If you have a w204 , when it's locked with the remote ,if the lock clicks twice then it has deadlocks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom