W204 lights problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kokos

Car
W204
Hi.
I have a problem and i would like to ask you something.
I have a C Class w204 2009. When i turn lights to 0 position some times right parking light turns on or flashes
I replaced the light switch control but the problem remains.
Yesterday, when i was driving my car with lights on, headlights switched off and turn on their own.
Any suggestions??
Thank you in advance. Sorry for my English

I have a C Class w204 2009. When i turn lights to 0 position some times right parking light turns on or flashes
This would happen if the indicator stalk was in the 'indicate right' position as it would illuminate the right-hand parking lamp
Lights going off and on on their own might suggest a fault with the front SAM
Avoid expensive guesses and get the codes read on STAR

Hi.
I have a problem and i would like to ask you something.
I have a 2007 W 204 C 200 K sedan and have experienced the same right parking light problem intermittently, though I have no issue with the headlights.

I noted on another MB forum a member suggested that the light switch was faulty and noted the high cost of replacement at around AUD$450.

One member advised that in view of the switch cost , a cheaper solution was to leave the light switch in the “A” or Auto position, i.e. one turn clockwise from the “0” position. I have tried this and have not noted any recurrence of the problem, but since it was only intermittent in any case, I can’t be sure this is a permanent fix and I would prefer to find and remedy the cause of the problem.

I was interested to note that Kokos has in fact replaced the switch without resolution of the problem, thus disposing of one possible cause , assuming the new switch is not itself faulty, as can happen.

I’m not getting any dashboard error lights or codes and I have an iCarsoft MB V 2.0 Diagnostic reader on using which I can’t find any error codes showing.

The veteran member whitenemesis has suggested a possible problem with the front Signal Acquisition Module and I am wondering whether such a problem should normally produce a dashboard warning error code and / or whether it should be detectable by my code reader, which I understand is not in any way a professional model.

Is the front SAM easily accessible and replaceable by home mechanics?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom