[W204] Main Beam Bulb Replacement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maurauth

Car
2016 BMW M4 Convertible
I've just spent a good 20minutes trying to remove the old H7's from my main beams with no avail. They don't seem to have the normal clips that the dip beams have that you just ping to the side and pull out.

Any insight into how they are removed/replaced?

Not familiar with W204 headlights myself, but found the following on Google Images.

I think the right hand one in the picture is the main beam.

The left one obviously has the little spring which you say, but the right hand one looks to be the same as the lights on my W203, which has a plastic (or I think it's plastic) ring which turns slightly to release the bulb. Probably the same amount as between 5 & 10 minutes on a clock face. I think it turns anti-clockwise to release and obviously clockwise to clamp the bulb, but its been a while since I've changed a bulb.

It's not immediately obvious in the picture (which is a little blurred) but it's the whiteish-grey part with small bumps around it.

Click on the picture (not the header) to view it on photobucket and then click on the magnifying icon in the bottom right hand corner, then click on the same icon again in the new window which opens.

Last edited:
Thanks for your help, I'll give it a go and post if I still can't :)

FYI: To anyone else trying to replace their W204 Main Beam Bulbs, and finds this thread in the search results.

You unplug the connector, then pull the top of the rear part of the bulb towards you lightly and it will click out, it sounds like you've just snapped the end off the bulb but it will all just pop out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom