W204 mmi - iPhone 7 issue/ compatibility

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shubzuk

Car
C Class (W204)
Hi all,

Hope someone can give me some insight on the command interface if the w204 C class is iPhone 7 compatible or if not is there a software update that can make it compatible as I am having an issue with the car not charging or recognising my iPhone.

Is this common?

Thanks in advance

Yup, I'm afraid so. I had the same issue and gave up in the end. With regard to an update maybe somebody else more knowledgable may be able to confirm if it helps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So annoying I would of thought as technology progresses Mercedes will surely bring out an update. But we will have to see. It's going in for its service next week and I'll ask them the question and keep you updated.

I had no problem pairing my iPhone 7 with my W204, I've now moved on to a W212. But no problem there either

I had an iPhone 7 briefly whilst my 6 was being repaired, paired up with my W204 without issue

The chargers are the same, admittedly if your car came with pre-wiring the iPhone cable included is for the older models with the larger port

Apart from that, it should pair up with Bluetooth like normal and just charge via USB adapter?

I had an iPhone 7 briefly whilst my 6 was being repaired, paired up with my W204 without issue

The chargers are the same, admittedly if your car came with pre-wiring the iPhone cable included is for the older models with the larger port

Apart from that, it should pair up with Bluetooth like normal and just charge via USB adapter?

I had no problem pairing my iPhone 7 with my W204, I've now moved on to a W212. But no problem there either

Sorry I have forgotten to to mention that I meant the USB port Bluetooth is not the issue the connection to command is what I'm on about I want to be able to use this function.

shubzuk said:
Sorry I have forgotten to to mention that I meant the USB port Bluetooth is not the issue the connection to command is what I'm on about I want to be able to use this function.

Yes it is connected via Bluetooth to command, just pair it with the car. When I did mine it takes a good 40 minutes of doing the process again and again to get it paired, I nearly gave up. It took about ten mins with an iPhone 7

jonnyboy82 said:
I think the op means iPhone media playback? No? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which can be streamed via Bluetooth as normal or via the aux lead to headphone jack

Only with the iPhone 7 they got rid of the headphone jack, meaning it can't be charged at the same time as having headphones plugged in, as they are plugged in via the lighting port on the newer model

jonnyboy82 said:
My w204 does not stream from my 6s plus. It a 60 plate. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Use the command scroll set it to aux, if it doesn't work keep selecting it and raise the volume on the console till you hear what you're streaming

Via Bluetooth before this, have the media playing. Same goes for iTunes files, YouTube, soundcloud, Facebook vids, safari etc etc

Use the command scroll set it to aux, if it doesn't work keep selecting it and raise the volume on the console till you hear what you're streaming

Via Bluetooth before this, have the media playing. Same goes for iTunes files, YouTube, soundcloud, Facebook vids, safari etc etc

Will give it a try and report back. [emoji106]

jonnyboy82 said:
Can confirm deffo doesn't work! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll have a look at mine when I next get in it, and write it down although I'm sure it's selecting aux twice till you hear the media

I'll have a look at mine when I next get in it, and write it down although I'm sure it's selecting aux twice till you hear the media

With regard to the Bluetooth the phone automatically pairs up on ignition. Are you saying to do anything else with the Bluetooth or leave as is once you get the notification that your phone is connected?

jonnyboy82 said:
With regard to the Bluetooth the phone automatically pairs up on ignition. Are you saying to do anything else with the Bluetooth or leave as is once you get the notification that your phone is connected? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It should work straight away mate, mine is prefacelift so your stereo is slightly different but it should be the same in AUX

What options do you have, Radio-CD-USB-AUX?

It should work straight away mate, mine is prefacelift so your stereo is slightly different but it should be the same in AUX

What options do you have, Radio-CD-USB-AUX?

This is what I have:

2bbe4ded8b94e77cc6e0f5d78d2efc00.jpg

a8bc94d0ef6970abd2535f05f25166e1.jpg

jonnyboy82 said:
This is what I have: Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I have a different stereo, are you sure it doesn't stream under AUX? May have to select it a few times to get working

Will try again but pretty sure no work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom