W204 New Grill - Modifications and Insurance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trigger6167

Car
W204 C220 sport
Hi Folks,

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this! I have a w204 C220 and have been thinking about changing the front grill to one of the AMG style versions you can buy, I see lots of the C220's have it done and I'm wondering are they all telling their insurance companies?

Is it considered a modification and does it drastically effect the price of insurance?

Can the police check if they pull you over?

If it was a 100 quid to order one and do it myself during lockdown it would be a handy project but not if it's going to cost me with the insurance or annoyance from the police

Cheers!

I changed mine from the AMG Sport grille to the Classic grille and also the bonnet emblem to the Mercedes Star.
I bought my Classic grille from fleabay and sold the other and made a small profit.
I tell my insurance company (Adrian Flux) that it is a purely cosmetic mod and there is no extra charge.
Hope this helps.
Jim

You are supposed to declare any mod. Something that's purely cosmetic may still be relevant e.g. a different grille might cost them more to replace if you have an accident, or making a car look more like an AMG (for example) could increase the risk of it being stolen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom