W204. Noise over speakers from cruise comtrol

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Freightdog, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Freightdog

Freightdog New Member

Car:
    C220 CDi
    Hello, folks.
    Brief intro, I’ve just bought a 2008ish C220 CDi. I’m usually an Audi person, but I needed a car for commuting, wanted, but haven’t owned a Mercedes before, and really liked the C-class. Although I’ll probably head for an E- in a year or so...

It has a small niggle or two.

First.
    As per the title. Using cruise control, when speed is reduced there is a crackling breaking through on the audio. A reduction of 1-5 mph gives a short crackle, 10mph or moregives a slightly longer crackle.
    Other than that, it works fine.
    There is no noise when setting the speed initially, accelerating, or re-engaging the cruise control after disconnecting (E.g. after braking)

I’m using iPhone connected by a long aux input. I am going to be trying the KS Myjack2 for a bit more liberation. I’d like to install a better placed aux socket. The audio system is not bad, but the lack of Bluetooth streaming is a little surprising/disappointing. (A20 system, I think)
    I’m wondering if the noise is to do with the long, unshielded aux cable that I’m using for the moment.

The other niggles or things to look at will be-
    Audio system. What upgrades/swaps are there that give an integrated Bluetooth music streaming?
    Rear parking sensors not working/detecting.
    Ecu tweak? Worth it?

2. jb1683

jb1683 New Member

Car:
    Golf GTD
    Hello! I used to have this exact same quirk with my 2010 C250 CDI. When decelerating with cruise, that was when it was more noticeable.

It also only happened when I was using Aux mode too.

It wasn’t very loud so I used to live with it. I think it’s just interference caused by the cruise system- never caused me any issues over 4 years though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. OP
    OP
    Freightdog

Freightdog New Member

Car:
    C220 CDi
    Just a quick follow up. I invested in a KS Myjack2. Bluetooth adaptor. So far, no noise with the cruise control. So it appears the aux cable was picking up some interference.