w204 NTG 4 V.11 2013-2014 A204827985 Map update DVD'c

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kerja

Car
w204 220cdi sport
Hello,

I have updated my maps for this version, and now have those CD's up for grabs (Not genuine MB part, just copy CD's) They work fine, just I have no need for them any more, maybe someone wants them.

I'm from Edinburgh, local pickup available (it takes 4-5hrs to get it updated)

Cheers, KK

I would have been interested if these were genuine MB discs

I've updated mine twice with second hand genuine MB discs, and it did not take 3-4 hours - it took about 1 3/4 hours for the first DVD then another 1/2 hour for the second, total time 2 1/4 hours.

maybe less, I was at work, so had to nip in and out to the car to check the progress. I have 3 DVD's 1a 1b and 2, so had to switch between the first two few times

If it took 4-5 hours you are a lucky man because it only takes this long when there are multiple read errors happening. I say this because we have seen a number of written-off NTG4 units that have been updated with copied disks and a number of NTG1 failed navigation processors, where the disk has failed to read at a vital point (i.e when reading in navigation system firmware updates rather than just the map)

I can only urge people here *never* to use copy disks, particularly on NTG4 and NTG1 - just seen too many destroyed units. Apart from the fact it is illegal.

Richard

(NB, on NTG2 we have seen very hot units when copied disks being used, there is very little ventilation for NTG2 behind dashboards).
If new maps are not good value for you, please buy last years map on eBay instead of a cheap copy !!!

Last edited:
If it took 4-5 hours you are a lucky man because it only takes this long when there are multiple read errors happening. I say this because we have seen a number of written-off NTG4 units that have been updated with copied disks and a number of NTG1 failed navigation processors, where the disk has failed to read at a vital point (i.e when reading in navigation system firmware updates rather than just the map)

I can only urge people here *never* to use copy disks, particularly on NTG4 and NTG1 - just seen too many destroyed units. Apart from the fact it is illegal.

Richard

(NB, on NTG2 we have seen very hot units when copied disks being used, there is very little ventilation for NTG2 behind dashboards).
If new maps are not good value for you, please buy last years map on eBay instead of a cheap copy !!!

Oh, thanks for advising. Wasn't sure, as previously used to do those updates without any issues, not on MB Though. Will just dispose those copies now then.

Cheers, KK

maybe less, I was at work, so had to nip in and out to the car to check the progress. I have 3 DVD's 1a 1b and 2, so had to switch between the first two few times

Genuine disk updates are two disks, one followed by the other. Never have to switch between them.

I urge caution as we have seen many comand units 'bricked' by copied disks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom