W204 NTG4 Command default phone selection ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vijilants

MB Enthusiast
Car
W205 C43 AMG
Folks,

Can anyone out there advise on the following please ?....

On my W204 NTG4 Command system, I have my bluetooth phone set up and it works.

However, every time I get in to the car, rather than the phone automatically connecting, on every occasion I have to go through the menu in Command and select my phone entry to connect.

It appears by default to try and connect to the phone holder in the center arm rest which I don't use, and comes back with "phone not found".

I need to get the default setting to look at my bluetooth entry as default but can't find how to do this anywahere in the menu structure.

Can anyone advise ?

I have the convenience phone enabled but the comand just uses my bluetoothed phone. In my Tel menu both are authorised, but the bluetoothed phone has a dot next to it.

Disconnect both from each other's menu, I.e select forget device or whatever the name of the process would be, then pair them up fresh again

Disconnect both from each other's menu, I.e select forget device or whatever the name of the process would be, then pair them up fresh again

I am unable to disconnect the convenience phone. The option is greyed out.

Yeah you cant deauthorise the convenience phone. You can code it out in the engineering menu.

I need to get the default setting to look at my bluetooth entry as default but can't find how to do this anywahere in the menu structure.

Remove (detach) the bluetooth adapter (convenience phone option) and try again.

Folks,

Can anyone out there advise on the following please ?....

On my W204 NTG4 Command system, I have my bluetooth phone set up and it works.

However, every time I get in to the car, rather than the phone automatically connecting, on every occasion I have to go through the menu in Command and select my phone entry to connect.

It appears by default to try and connect to the phone holder in the center arm rest which I don't use, and comes back with "phone not found".

Can anyone advise ?

Take the cradle off the UHI connector in the armrest.
Convenience phone becomes the default if there is anything attached to it.

Take the cradle off the UHI connector in the armrest.
Convenience phone becomes the default if there is anything attached to it.

Great ! Thank you.

I've been fiddling with it trying to get it out with no joy and I don't want to break anything. It appears to be a cradle for an old Nokia phone.

Can you please advise me on how I get it out ?....Is there a button or something that I need to press to release it ?

Many Thanks

That would make sense as I don't have any cradles, just the connector plate in the centre console which I'd really like to remove as it's pointless. Maybe a job for the bank holiday.

If it's like the Nokia one I took out of my car, at teh front of the cradle is the main clip that holds the phone into the cradle, and just to the left is a tiny button that releases the cradle from the UHI connector, push this button down and slide the cradle backwards to remove it.

In the MBWorld thread linked above, in the second photo, the big red circle is around both the big button to hold/release the phone and the cradle release tiny button below it in the photo.

There will be a small button on the face of the cradle, top left corner. Press it and slide the cradle toward back of car (if horizontal mount) or downward (if vertical mount)

Cheers

Richard

Thank you all !!!

Thanks to your help I finally found the button and got the cradle off :bannana::thumb:.
That is one tiny button !!!!

Thank you all !!!

Thanks to your help I finally found the button and got the cradle off :bannana::thumb:.
That is one tiny button !!!!

Hi Vijilants
Is your phone now connecting automatically ? I have the same problem

It may be that the cradle fitted to the UHI connector is not for your phone. I have the UHI connector with an Iphone 4 cradle, when I get into the car my Iphone 4 automatically connects - admittedly as Convenience Phone rather than Chris's Iphone, but it works well even when the phone is in my jacket on the back seat! Advantage of the cradle matching your phone is that you can plug the phone into the cradle, it charges (even with ignition off!) and uses the car's aerial for better reception, not sure if it also uses the car aerial if the phone is not in the cradle.

It may be that the cradle fitted to the UHI connector is not for your phone. I have the UHI connector with an Iphone 4 cradle, when I get into the car my Iphone 4 automatically connects - admittedly as Convenience Phone rather than Chris's Iphone, but it works well even when the phone is in my jacket on the back seat! Advantage of the cradle matching your phone is that you can plug the phone into the cradle, it charges (even with ignition off!) and uses the car's aerial for better reception, not sure if it also uses the car aerial if the phone is not in the cradle.
Hi Chris
Thanks for your reply
I have a Samsung s7 and it works fine when i connect it to the MB Bluetooth but when i leave the car and come back again it doesnt connect automatically and i have to search for the phone and enter the password again .. the cradle in my car is for Nokia and i removed it as per replies above but it did not help :( The same phone connects automatically to my partner's MB C class

Hi Vijilants
Is your phone now connecting automatically ? I have the same problem
Yes, mine was fine once I removed the cradle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom