W204 OM642 Poly V Belt Change Query

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gibsonk

Car
Mercedes
A quick question to those in the know.

As part of the issues i have recently had with my car there is a ticking i have noticed, this seemed to reduce when i re-sealed my injector so i don't think its anything catastrophic but i am just double checking a few bits one of them being remove and run without the Poly V belt and replace it.

However, i cannot for the life of me see how to get enough access without removal of the clutch fan.

I cant get my hands or arms in to remove the charge cooler to get to the belt tensioner no room to get to the bolts.

Do i really need to remove the fan to change the belt, i guess even going underneath i still wont have room due to the fan housing.

WIS really isn't very helpful it just says remove the charge cooler.

Hi gibsonk
I know this is an old post. But did you manage to gain access to poly vee belt as I have the same issue on my daughters S204 320Cdi. One of the idler pulleys is really noisey. I took a quick look and like you said....how the hell do you get to it?
I've also got WIS and as you said it gives no help at all..... remove radiator??
Thanks

Yes, I have E350CDI with same engine.
I'm going to replace the belt and all tensioners.

Drain coolant. Disconnect fan.
Maybe remove the charge pipework.
Lift radiator out from above.
You now have access to the poly V belt bits.

There is a video online somewhere and on an old thread on here that I commented on if you search threads with my name. It might have been the E350 petrol, but I think the process is similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom