W204 Opinions grille replacement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ash1212002

Car
W204 c250 cgi facelift petrol 2011
Considering replacing the front grille, with either a gloss black or Matt black one

MERCEDES C CLASS W204 SALOON COUPE ESTATE 2007-2013 FRONT GRILLE BLACK 100% FIT | eBay

MATTE MATT BLACK GRILLE GRILL FOR Mercedes C Class C220 C320 C63 AMG STYLE 07-14 | eBay

Car is palladium silver metallic

Which one would you recommend I go for?

Also considering fitting an amg rear boot lip spoiler

Painted ABS Rear Boot Spoiler For Mercedes Benz W204 Saloon AMG Silver 792 | eBay

Welcome any opinions...

Personally I would go for a c63 look grille from the same year as your car. The single bar grilles just don’t suit the w204 imho.
I like the boot spoiler , if it’s similar to the cheap eBay one I fitted to my old car , make sure you leave it on a radiator until it goes floppy so you can manipulate it into the correct shape, otherwise fit will be poor.
*Edit I thought your car was a pre-facelift , so ignore my thoughts on the grille.

Last edited:
Personally I would go for a c63 look grille from the same year as your car. The single bar grilles just don’t suit the w204 imho.
I like the boot spoiler , if it’s similar to the cheap eBay one I fitted to my old car , make sure you leave it on a radiator until it goes floppy so you can manipulate it into the correct shape, otherwise fit will be poor.
*Edit I thought your car was a pre-facelift , so ignore my thoughts on the grille.

My car is facelift w204 saloon :)

Which one do you recommend? Out of the gloss or matt which would look better? Or any other suggestions?

Re the spoiler its abs plastic, didnt realise you need to manipulate it in this way, was expecting just to align it up and secure

Personally, I would have a chrome c63 look one to keep it OEM , however lots like to de-chrome their cars so with that in mind I would choose gloss black if you have have other gloss parts ie panoroof, wing mirrors etc
Regarding the spoiler, I’m not sure which ones need manipulation and which ones don’t , mine did but I bought that a few years ago. Hopefully someone will come along with a recommendation.

I fitted one of these, just a different option for you.
img_20170830_143806299_hdr-jpg.76389

I added a spoiler to mine about 2 years ago

HOW TO : Add a boot spoiler to a C Class Coupé C204

The fit was perfect and it looked great, but recently I have seen very small (5mm diameter) bubbles of paint appearing in the surface.

Is that on the actual spoiler? Did you purchase it from the same seller?
Different seller I think. Here are the bubbles on it...

IMG-0254.jpg

That's actually on the boot right? It's not very close to the spoiler, do you think fitting the spoiler caused that?

Is that on the actual spoiler? Did you purchase it from the same seller?

That's actually on the boot right? It's not very close to the spoiler, do you think fitting the spoiler caused that?

No its on the spoiler. There's no problem with the original boot.

Here’s my old car with the chrome version.

I think the second one you listed looks better.

86C6AB6C-243D-4234-B0AC-E79CC44C86EC.jpeg

Now the question is , is the mesh part flat or a desirable oem raised like the lower part and coupe oem grill ?

2019-04-20 09.12.54.png

Or is it aftermarket flat ?

2019-04-20 09.17.17.jpg

I think most of the aftermarket ones are like that flat instead of slanted

The cheapest ones are .

It's all in the detail and to some that matters , cuffs and collars and all that.

I think all black would have been the best look for palladium silver metallic

I looked everywhere online and they all appear to be the same

Now the question is , is the mesh part flat or a desirable oem raised like the lower part and coupe oem grill ?

View attachment 85435

Or is it aftermarket flat ?

View attachment 85436
Does it really matter, as long as it looks good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom