W204 paddle shifters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

timskemp

MB Enthusiast
Car
W213 E220d
What's the best way to get aluminium paddle shifts for my W204 sport (like the C63) - not that bothered about the wheel but the plastic paddles look and fell cheap.

They take a bit of fetteling as they are a different shape from the original ones. The plastic unit is oval shaped and the alloy more rectangular so you need to increase the size of the recess with a craft knife or scalpel.

The mechanism is also slightly different as the plastic ones are fully enclosed but the alloy ones have a bit that extends out when you pull on it and you need to get your dremel out and neatly remove it.

Finally original units use two small screws and the alloy have a single centrally located fixing so you need to drill through the wheel to mount.

I would strongly reccomend a wheel upgrade though, as for me the wheel was skinny and cheap feeling and this wasnt limited to the paddles. See my listing

Mercedes C63 AMG Black leather steering wheel W204 C Class Auto Paddles | eBay

IMG_0902.jpg

I have just noticed you also have a Qashqai. I had the same problem with it and I am awaiting the return of my newly modified and hand finished steering for it too.

Are you sure the wheel has the oval shape holes in the wheel? My 2009 CLK had the squarer holes and was a straight swap from plastic to alloy.

i like to have aluminium one for my car. where can i get one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom