W204 Panamericana grille & carbon fibre parts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoops1972

Car
W204 C250 CDI Sport
I had been looking at trading in my 2012 W204 250 CDI against an SUV, as I had been missing the elevated driving position that my Jeep Patriot used to give. Unfortunately the trade in value of my
Mercedes didn't really give many options within the budget I had set myself. So after a very unpleasant experience with a salesman when looking at a 4 year old Fiat 500x Cross, and a requirement to have an intercooler hose replaced on my 56k miles W204, I decided to keep the Merc, at least for now.

I chose to spend the remainder of my budget on swapping out a few parts on my car. :devil:

This weekend I have fitted a gloss black and chrome Panamericana grille, real carbon fibre boot lip spoiler, real carbon fibre door mirror caps, and whilst the mirror caps were off I took the opportunity to fit some sequential/dynamic LED indicators in said door mirrors. The 'upgrades' won't be to everyone's taste, but life would be dull if we all liked the same things. :p

Here's the links to a video of the scrolling mirror indicators, and a few pics of the car with all the parts fitted.

One lesson learned: Watch spoiler installation videos BEFORE attempting an install, and not after 2 failed attempts! :doh:

For door mirror indicator video click here!

For photo 1 click here!

For photo 2 click here!

For photo 3 click here!

For photo 4 click here!

Some nice modifications done there that really make the car stand out :thumb:
A set of dual exit (or even better, quad exit) exhaust tips would set the car off nicely.

Really smart and unusual

Thanks for the comments.:)

A set of dual exit (or even better, quad exit) exhaust tips would set the car off nicely.

A work colleague is trying to convince me to do this! I would love the dual exit system as seen on the V6 diesel models, but I would need to have change the lower rear bumper trim swapped out at the same time. When the current exhaust reaches the end of its life it's definitely something I'll consider :thumb:

Bi-xenon retrofit ?

There's a company that makes upgraded halogen units, in the style of the projector headlights, which incorporate DRL's that change to amber scrolling indicators when activated. They also make rear lights that have the LED indicators modified to scroll. Both products look amazing, but we are talking nearly £1,000 to upgrade both sets of lights :eek: I can't stretch to such modifications right now :(

I am considering removing the lower chrome side trims, but at times I look at it and think it needs a little bit of sparkle to contrast all the dark colour parts, so still undecided on this.:dk:

I love side stripes that run along the bottom of the sides, (as per 507 Edition) but I don't want to be accused of trying to make my diesel car look like a sports car!;)

Thanks for the comments.:)

A work colleague is trying to convince me to do this! I would love the dual exit system as seen on the V6 diesel models, but I would need to have change the lower rear bumper trim swapped out at the same time. When the current exhaust reaches the end of its life it's definitely something I'll consider :thumb:

There's a company that makes upgraded halogen units, in the style of the projector headlights, which incorporate DRL's that change to amber scrolling indicators when activated. They also make rear lights that have the LED indicators modified to scroll. Both products look amazing, but we are talking nearly £1,000 to upgrade both sets of lights :eek: I can't stretch to such modifications right now :(

I am considering removing the lower chrome side trims, but at times I look at it and think it needs a little bit of sparkle to contrast all the dark colour parts, so still undecided on this.:dk:

I love side stripes that run along the bottom of the sides, (as per 507 Edition) but I don't want to be accused of trying to make my diesel car look like a sports car!;)
Make yourself happy, not everybody else. They’ll get over it. Stripe it and enjoy it!

Looks nice , love indicators. Find it bit hard to get used to vertical bars in grill. Nicely done.

Personal opinion, but I love the gunsight on the bonnet of my S204 and think the large thing in the middle of the front grill looks gross. Just shows that taste is, thank goodness, a personal thing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom