W204 Parking Sensors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shaun.priest

Car
Mercedes C220 (2012)
Hi all,

Strangely, when my car is on a steepish incline, when I accelerate from a few miles per hour, the parking sensors beep as if I am close to something. They light up too. Today, the red ones came on (strangely without the orange ones) and no beeping.

I can replicate this when my car is going up a steep incline only. Confused as to why this would be the case?

Should also mention my car was bumped into in the rear and was recently repaired. Part of the repair was them checking the rear sensors and taking the bumper off etc. Could they have done something that would affect the front sensors to act in such a way?

A bit of a strange problem as I cannot replicate this unless the car is on an incline!

Your help is appreciated.

Last edited:
Is it the rear that beeps?

I would suspect a short-circuit on one of the sensors, that is affected by the angle of the car or weight distribution, especially as you say that the red bar comes up without the orange ones first.

Last edited:
The front sensors act independently of seats. Sounds like one is playing up. Need a star test really. Once connected you can see what each one Is reading.

markjay said:
Is it the rear that beeps? I would suspect a short-circuit on one of the sensors, that is affected by the angle of the car or weight distribution, especially as you say that the red bar comes up without the orange ones first.

It's the front one - rear are working fine. Sometimes the whole front comes on (orange and red) and beeps for a second. However today the most extreme red bars just came on with no beep.

jaymanek said:
The front sensors act independently of seats. Sounds like one is playing up. Need a star test really. Once connected you can see what each one Is reading.

Okay so don't need to worry that they damaged something when checking the rear?

Should mention the front sensors apart from this are working fine. Just when driving slowly off an incline it does this!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom