W204 part I'd please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

whitefang

Car
e320 cdi, 525tds bmw,
Hi all, good evening.

Could you please help us on a part.
I think it's number 330 in the below picture.
As this part got like a plastic arm thing coming off it & going to what I think is the egr cooler.?
The part in question on my sister's car is a small say 2 inch round part & the plastic arm as broken away from the egr cooler but this is my guess.

Any help on the info I have would be appreciated
Thanks all.
1615758114611.png

What make and model is your sister's car...? Or, rather, what engine?

It looks like part of the OM651 EGR VALVE---the vacuum actuator for the switching valve-- latest part no A651141 0369 --BUT CHECK AGAINST YOUR CHASSIS NO--It may only be available as part of the complete valve assembly

Hi all, good evening.

As this part got like a plastic arm thing coming off it & going to what I think is the egr cooler.?
The part in question on my sister's car is a small say 2 inch round part & the plastic arm as broken away from the egr cooler but this is my guess.

Thanks all.
View attachment 110475
Which engine

Hi all, good evening.

Thanks all.
View attachment 110475
Model

Morning all...
Thank you for a quick reply form you all.
Yes, sorry I should of put the engine model down.
Om651. C200 CDI.

Thanks markjay yes that small round thing on the part you show looks like yes.

I had look & is were I got the above info from was 7zap & it works better if you put your chassis number in. then find the sub section you need until you find the part.

& I've just had dpf / egr issue on my 530 e61 BMW, so when the sister showed me her part I thought it was egr cooler or egr related.

IL check the above part out, but if correct, what does the part control.?
Is it controling the egr opening & closing its self, it not controling the throttle box otherwise I'd get no throttle would.
The little black plastic arm as broke of what I'm calling the egr / cooler.
What is this broke plastic thing not allowing the engine to do.?

Does it mean my egr is closed or open permanent.?

Thanks alot all.

THE EXHAUST SECTION
The CDI computer actuates the AGR variator by means of a pulse signal modulated in width, which then increases or decreases the opening section of the AGR valve.
In order to further improve efficiency, the exhaust gases can be fed to the AGR radiator on demand for further cooling.
If, however, the temperature of the flowing exhaust gases is too low, the passage to the AGR radiator is closed by a bypass flap and the exhaust gases are fed directly to the charge air distribution tube. The reversing valve for the bypass flap is controlled by a vacuum capsule.

29-circuit-agr-recyclage-gaz-echappement-moteur-om651.jpg

Last edited:
Hi again...
Yes grober, thanks mate. Checked 7zap, & the part number you say above is part 330 on the above picture. Good stuff.
Thanks mate.
I have a photo on my phone what I'm using to do all the thread but I don't no how to get the photo on the site to show you. Bear with me.. lol...

Hi ya grober ... Good work mate. Thanks lot for that. I can't seem to upload my photo, but I keep checking against it tho. & Yes it's a match.
Thank you.

The part number 2 as you show, it can be replaced,? Without the whole unit coming off or replaced.?

I'm still trying to understand my 530d. BMW for the egr thing. So please excuse me (I think I'm getting there). That part number 2 opens / close the gate for gasses coming through the cooler ( so the part number 4 is the cooler?) If the plastic arm is broke on part number 2, will the gasses still be going into the inlet manifold.?
If there not cooler enough they will clog up the butter flies in the inlet.?

I plugged in the car to an autel maxidiag md802 unit & the car came back all clear.. I'd thought it would of put EML code even no EML on the dash.

Am I thinking the correct way or back to front or wrong all together.?

If the plastic part is broke & I leave it, what will happen.?

Thanks grober. Good work on the above.

Exhaust Gas Recirculation
the main function of the egr system is to introduce more inert gas into the combustion chamber to lower NOx production. Unfortunately I have no access to Mercedes detailed technical literature as to when that switching valve operates but my guess would be its normally open [default position] when the engine is hot allowing exhaust gas to pass through the water cooler before introduction to the inlet-- failure would mean the likely result would be an increase in NOx when the engine is cold because cooler is not bypassed?? A Broken vacuum actuator arm will possibly not register as a fault because it will move as intended it just won't do anything! Can it be replaced in situ- can't answer that sorry-- the whole valve assembly may need changed depending on the actuator design. Maybe someone was carried out this repair can comment

Morning grober. /All.
Thanks for the info.
Yes, I have a little understanding of the whole egr - dpf system (..lol...I think I do, but it's probably are s ways,, I'm trying to be polite there in my spelling ..lol).

Dad as put the (I'm going to call it a butterfly) the thing that the arm is controling, into closed position. He said be better for the engine untill it's replaced.

But yes, when my dpf went (BMW 530d 09plate) the 1st time (about ye & half just over ago) we took it out, had it cleaned by firm that used liquid, I changed nothing else ( I'd have to take a look on my BMW forum to tell you what codes I had)
I had 1 glow plug issue, & something else related to emissions.
Before the dpf went, we checked the egr as dad said it only just there easy do. Wasn't bad but still cleaned it,
We took the inlet man' off to check a wet spot that we couldn't see with it on, same time we did the glow plugs / gaskets.
After this is when the dpf went 1st time.

About 3weeks ago I got EML on & I diagnosis it as a p0401 code, egr ........
So we got it off made sure it was working / clean. Was 99.9% working, I changed the exhaust temp sensors & still no good.
We checked the cooler was very poo looking but was allowing air pass.

I got pro' diagnosised & the guy said dpf 3times over max capacity, your turbo is on the verge to go bang.
Clean it out .. changed 3 glow plugs & exhaust pressure sensor. & You will have new car.
Got the dpf spotless. .....
Why did it only last the short time I asked ..he said you never changed pressure sensor.
But yes, glow plug 1 - 2 &5 on the 530d apparently is vital to dpf regen, along with the sensors.
My understanding is the egr is closed at start up then opens as car gets warm & stays in a open / at a certain open position if you stay at a constant say...60..
The gasses including the burnt stuff goes into the inlet mixes & cokes up that area over time.
I don't no if there is any additives to put in the fuel to help clean the inlet without playing havoc with the other parts.
From the inlet its burnt & into the exhaust, bit into the dpf & bit into the cooler. & around again. Then when the ECU see that theres x amount of ash or poo in the dpf tank then the dpf sucks abit of fuel & its burnt in the dpf at 600+ degrees c' .
& Like you say it's all done for the environment,
Alot of people block the egr.
Surely there's a bad side to that. I see a good side (no poo going back into the inlet). but I always try see 2 sides to the coin.
I'm correct in my way of thinking...???

Sorry for the big read. May be a bit helpful to some one that knows nothing (probably like me ..lol..got it **** ways...lol.. whoops my spelling..lol..)

Thanks grober. Have good day mate. /all

Sorry grober..../all..

I meant to ask, when I went off the track as above reply.

I take it the car / engine above (c200 om651 2010 plate, manual gears) as a dpf.
How can you tell when your driving if the dpf is doing a regen or something on this line.?

Will the rev counter go up or ....
But say im doing 60 mph rev is 2' will it doing something strange.?

I'm not sure how the BMW does either, so now your helping a deflected person from mb to BMW. Lol...
Thanks for any info on that.

Thanks all.

Thanks grober.
I just had quick look down.
IL have a better look later when come home from work, (3pm- 12 this week..great...not).
IL pass that on (copy n paste to an what's app to the sister & dad, they both mb drivers c is the sister & e is dad).
Thanks grober

Talk later.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom