w204 preface led sidelight pics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Yugguy

MB Enthusiast
Car
W204 C220CDI Elegance with Comand
Just put white leds in my sides and thought others might like to see the difference.

Attachments

• IMG_20160423_075639.jpg
    IMG_20160423_075639.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_20160423_080329~01.jpg
    IMG_20160423_080329~01.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 72
They look like mine they'll be blue at night, turning into a light blue after warming up

You need to get some chrome indicators, too much yolk on show there! :thumb:

Yugguy said:
I'll have a look cheers

Go onto autobulbs and type the reg in, it's pretty handy with different sections for all the lighting areas on the car

Cree ftw

Last edited:
Post a pic when it's dark please, if they are truly 'white' I'll get myself a set of them

Just put white leds in my sides and thought others might like to see the difference.

Much better :thumb:

Phillips Silver Vision work well for the indicators - you probably know this but for those that don't they're a silver coated bulb that only appears orange when they're flashing.

Mark :)

Last edited:
Nightime pics. Not the best photo but I'm very pleased with the leds.

Attachments

• IMG_20160423_213540.jpg
    IMG_20160423_213540.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 56
3 small ponts re LED's for 204 side/parking lights :
1. Canbus error free
2. The type that have no sharp edges to catch when removing the holder from the side/parking light (they drop inside the headlight and can't be retrieved, ask me how I know!!). Something like this :
T10 501 W5W CAR SIDE LIGHT BULBS ERROR FREE CANBUS 6 & 10SMD LED XENON HID WHITE | eBay
3. Test the fitted LED BEFORE re-installing the holder into the light. Murphys Law says you almost always put a LED into the holder wrong way up first time!

I've replaced the side/parking lights in the front and most of the rear bulbs with LED's, all except the indicators.

I've had those LEDs in the link, they melted after a few weeks and got stuck, was a proper nightmare to remove.

Now I've got COB style ones which the near side has started to flicker and fail after a few weeks.

To be honest, I don't think there is a set of LEDs I haven't tried. All seem to last from weeks to a few months before starting to flicker.

:(

amiller81 said:
LED's look so much cleaner ddc4c

You have a link to those? How long have they been fitted

Seriously is it just me who's car is burning out every set of LEDs I've plugged in?

I might have to measure the voltage being applied to them.

Nobody else had them burn out after weeks and start flickering?

i-CONICA said:
Seriously is it just me who's car is burning out every set of LEDs I've plugged in? I might have to measure the voltage being applied to them. Nobody else had them burn out after weeks and start flickering?

I only have LED's to the numberplate, after a month with the first pair the right hand side one wouldn't work but (from autobulbs, contacted them and they had discontinued them as every set failed!) intermittently when I tapped on the boot sometimes.

Replaced them with the lights I posted and no problems so far, then again my car isn't used much. Not sure if that would make the difference

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom