W204 radiator fan faulty?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ashmando

Car
W204 C200 CDI
Hey guys!

I'm new to the site and have found this site an awesome place for info/help. But struggling to find anything on a problem I have. I Brought a 57 plate W204 C200 CDI the other week and have noticed that the radiator fans kick in within the first minute of starting the car up. When sitting in traffic the temperature gauge sits perfect, coolant is always topped up and level. The car runs great and it has no effect, but I know it isn't right. I did read up that it's happened to other people and it effects the air con also (My air con doesn't blow cold air either). Does anyone know what the issue is and is it fixable? Probably a stab in the dark but just to be pointed in the right direction would be great. Being christmas time it's difficult to get the car in for a service. Someone mentioned a bad earth? Or the fan control unit? Thanks again guys/girls!

Does the radiator fan kick in with both the A/C on and off at start-up?

My 2009 A-class did something similar and now it's stopped working. My A-class is also Auto and the fan for the rad is used to cool the auto-transmission.

Where are you in the U.K.?

Hey,
Yes exactly that. Regardless of anything the fans come on. But I'm not getting any cold from the AC also. But understand that could need re-gassing.

Hey,
Yes exactly that. Regardless of anything the fans come on. But I'm not getting any cold from the AC also. But understand that could need re-gassing.

Do you get cold air without the A/C? When was it last re-gassed? Also, when the car is up to temperature does the fan come on intermittently?

I would suggest getting the fault codes read as it may be normal. As mentioned, if the cooling fan assists the transmission, then I would think that it would come on at start up.

If you are only in Watford, I would recommend getting in touch with Terry at Wayne Gates in Harrow (WG-MB on here). He can sort out fault codes, re-gas your A/C and address any other concerns you may have.

If the car runs fine, surely it is best to leave it alone? I would have thought in winter, it would blow cold air...well at start up...?

Hey guys!

I'm new to the site and have found this site an awesome place for info/help. But struggling to find anything on a problem I have. I Brought a 57 plate W204 C200 CDI the other week and have noticed that the radiator fans kick in within the first minute of starting the car up. When sitting in traffic the temperature gauge sits perfect, coolant is always topped up and level. The car runs great and it has no effect, but I know it isn't right. I did read up that it's happened to other people and it effects the air con also (My air con doesn't blow cold air either). Does anyone know what the issue is and is it fixable? Probably a stab in the dark but just to be pointed in the right direction would be great. Being christmas time it's difficult to get the car in for a service. Someone mentioned a bad earth? Or the fan control unit? Thanks again guys/girls!
What was the fault?...i am facing it right now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom