W204 Rear Blind...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cappuccino Buns

Car
C Class
New to MB's and the Forum so apologies in advance if this has been posted elsewhere.

Had one of these rear blinds in a 2007 B6 Passat a few years ago and the rear window dimensions of my 2011 C Class seemed to match.

Thought I'd share as its an easy / cheap addition.

I got it from this seller on eBay, who I've no connection to but would recommend based on my experience of using them...

NEW GENUINE VW PASSAT B6 SALOON REAR SUN BLIND SUNBLIND | eBay

It's straightforward to fit but space is limited and you'll need plenty of patience when tightening the screws a 1/4 turn at a time!

The upper edge has a straight metal bar within the material which you'll need to gently curve upwards in the centre to fit the different contour of the W204.

The hooks fit behind the ridgid head cloth as they are intended to do in the Passat also.

Apart from bending the upper bar the only other adaptation was trimming back the foam on the roller base an inch or so at either end to allow it to fit into the trough of the parcel shelf. (Peels off cleanly once cut with a Stanley blade.)

Last edited:
Welcome to MBC - the rear blind fits very well. Do they do an electric one :)

Thanks for the welcome and 'likes'... I've obviously stumbled upon a very friendly forum!

Welcome to MBC - the rear blind fits very well. Do they do an electric one :)

VW do an electric one for the Passat but it's integrated into the rear trim and shelf, might be a job too far trying to get it to fit.

Here's a scan of the manual versions fitting instructions, might better show what's involved than my explanation...

Last edited:
At the risk of slowing converting the MB into a VW I added these carrier bag hooks, (also from a B6 Passat) to compliment the existing side ones that are a bit awkward to use...

Easy fit, just 4 x small pilot holes and some stout self tappers.

They're spring loaded and fold out of the way when not in use.

Car's perfect now!

Last edited:
Can you re-upload pictures by any chance? Wanted to do this mode also.

Cheers, KK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom