W204 rear bumper removal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Martygt550

Car
C220cdi
hi folks I'm going to fit a detachable tow bar on my c220 cdi w204, question on removing the rear bumper,I've watched the videos and looked at pictures what I haven't seen are clear close up pictures of how to detach the side fittings,it says pull outwards,I've had a quick look into the area from the wheel arch and can see a bracket which looks like 3 plastic nuts? Are these nuts holding a bracket to the body of the car and does this bracket stay in place,or is it a interference (tight) fit that requires a firm tug or wedgeing off leaving the bracket in place,I don't want to damage the bumper trying to rip it off!
Many thanks Marty!

Well,strangely enough you just remove the one bolt near the wheel arch and pull outwardly as the instructions directed,it's a tight interference fit but the bumper comes away perfect,job done!(the reason I asked was the instructions were from the tow bar maker,I'd have preferred to hear from someone who had already done the job?oh wait just mebay the tow bar maker actually had to remove the bumper to design the tow bar??? Doh!!!
Every day's a learning day!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That's what I was looking for before I done the job,ah well it's done now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom