W204 rear electrical issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Blue30

Car
C220 CDi
Yo, strange one. Randomly today the following stopped workong -

Tail lift
Central locking
Fuel guage
Rear indicators say they don't work but actually do.

Any ideas?? Cause I'm pretty stumped Thanks!

Well it's fixed, for now anyway. I googled up something called a rear SAM so I unhooked the battery then took the thing out and apart. Most people on the internet can see obvious corrosion or brown strains when they're knackered but I couldn't see any issue on mine. The board and all connectors looked fine. So I put it all together and cleaned up the nearby earths and boom, everything works again. Hopefully that'll be that.

Well it's fixed, for now anyway. I googled up something called a rear SAM so I unhooked the battery then took the thing out and apart. Most people on the internet can see obvious corrosion or brown strains when they're knackered but I couldn't see any issue on mine. The board and all connectors looked fine. So I put it all together and cleaned up the nearby earths and boom, everything works again. Hopefully that'll be that.

Good shout, the rear indicator error but still working is usually the rear SAM, hopefully it doesn’t return as it cost me £700 trade a few years ago

Good shout, the rear indicator error but still working is usually the rear SAM, hopefully it doesn’t return as it cost me £700 trade a few years ago

Ouch

I saw you can get them second hand but first you don't know if it's working or not, and second they need coding to your car.

Mines been ok for a few days now touch wood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom