W204 rear light...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vroom

Car
W204
Because I’m an idiot I reversed into a bollard yesterday...

5bwlt0.jpg

The rear bumper panel is dented and has popped out from the rear wing. The rear wing also has slight damaged where it’s been pushed into the light cluster. Hopefully this will be able to be straightened out.

In regards to the light cluster that will need to be replaced, how much do legit light clusters cost and where can I pick one up online?

Thanks all :)

You could try Dronsfields for a second hand cluster, did the parking sensors not alert you to the lurking bollard ?

You could try Dronsfields for a second hand cluster, did the parking sensors not alert you to the lurking bollard ?

Did something similar myself and by the time the sensor goes bleep it’s to late!
I feel your pain [emoji853]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah the sensors screamed at me for about .00005 seconds before the crunch. It’s a place I’ve parked 1000 times before and after checking there were no pedestrians about I just put on full lock and swung it out, then crunch.

No ones fault but my own - never done anything like that before and hopefully never will again - lesson learned. It could have been worse and it’s only metal and plastic.

Just checked Dronsfields - they have the lights in stock but they range between £90 to £150 all new - why the range in prices then?

Get the MB part number for the part first - you can get it either from the old lights cluster, or from EPC, then check the price for new with MB (or check for second hand unit on eBay).

Just booked it in to the bodyshop. Said without taking the bumper off they can't see the damage.

Will know more next week.

:-/

I've also noticed that the W204 sensors start screaming only when you are just about to wreck the car....no real warning way in advance.

I like them like that, the lights come on letting you know how close you are, soooo much better than other brands that start beeping when your 15 feet from something!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom