W204 Rear pulling to the right

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davidmotorman

Car
Mercedes W204 C220 2010
Hi Everyone I hope you are all well I have a 2010 W204 220 CDI which has the unnerving habit of the rear end swinging to the right under braking . I have had the car to my local garage who put it on the rollers a few times and couldn't find anything wrong with the brakes tyre's and pressure good tracking ok This problem only happens under braking Can anyone throw some light on this Thank you

If the brakes were tested and the braking effect was found to be equal, then there may be an issue with the tyres, suspension geometry, or the EPS/ABS system.

Are the tyres in good condition? Are all 4 tyres the same make and model, same wear, and inflated to the correct pressures? And, hopefully, you have not mixed summer tyres with all-weather or winter tyres?

Have you had the car's suspension aligned (full geometry)? Preferably on a Hunter machine.

Has the car been scanned for any fault codes, especially relating to the EPS/ABS/BAS?

Also, have you been replacing the brake fluid as per manufacturer's schedule (every 2 years)?

Last edited:
Check all the suspension bushes and subframe bushes for movement/deterioration

Check all the suspension bushes and subframe bushes for movement/deterioration

Ah yes, the rear subframe on the W204 can be problematic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom