W204 : retrofitting AMG steering wheel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

6cyl

Car
CLS320 CDI
Will the AMG steering wheels be a straight swap for my exisiting one ?
I'd want all the multifunction buttons and paddles to work.

Is it only the W204 C63 that will fit and work or can I use wheels from other MB AMGs'?

Are the steering wheels different size, say between a 2011 W204 C63 and a 2011 E63 ?

Mine looks like this :
24_Saks_Key_For_The_Cure_Mercedes_C350_Sport_6.jpg

I prefer something like this :
2012-mercedes-c350-Sedan-Steering-wheel-11-533x399.jpg

Or this one, if the above won't work
2010-mercedes-benz-c63-amg-4-door-sedan-6-3l-amg-rwd-steering-wheel_100312119_l.jpg

I don't know the answer, but I have the middle one and it is awesome.

I'm looking to do something similar but for a CL203 facelift to the third one of the pictures or maybe the CLC's AMG steering wheel.

Let me know if you do get this done on your car.

I believe this will be quite a straightforward swap - just looking for confirmation from someone who has done it. The wheels on ebay are expensive, from £500 for photo 2 and less for photo 3. I should be able to use the airbag from my existing wheel for the one in photo 3, so the cost should be significantly less. The mk1 C63 wheel will be fine, especially if I can get one for a decent price.

I think they probably will be the same but haven't done one. BTW I'm about to sell one like picture 2 but with a flat top and bottom and with the AMG alloy paddles as in picture 3 but no airbag :bannana:

sjmaxwell said:
I think they probably will be the same but haven't done one. BTW I'm about to sell one like picture 2 but with a flat top and bottom and with the AMG alloy paddles as in picture 3 but no airbag :bannana:

It's in the classifieds now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom