W204 reverse camera feed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jim55

Car
c220 cdi
Hi folks ,I've got a 2008 c class 220cdi. And I've been told a reverse camera isn't able to b hooked up to the existing head unit , so il b fitting a standalone unit with separate monitor and not interfering with existing wiring ,,, but obv I need to run power to the camera .
I'm gona get the camera that fits in place of number plate light that has its own light built in , so do I need. 2 live feeds ( one for light , and a feed from reverse lights to switch camera on ) or does the light get its power from the existing loom that it's plugged into .:confused:

HI Jim - Im told you shouldn't use a feed from reverse and that you should take a live from the rear sam. Some of the cameras Ive seen you plug the original light (the actual bulb) into the clear plastic of the camera - do you have this type?

You need a particular blade fuse to get power. Like this

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...55894d1333936621-add-circuit-question-aac.jpg

Powers from reverse light wire, IIRC it is blue or pink wire on drivers side rear light but check with multi meter. I started mine but my camera turned out to be faulty so aborted installation, as i ran out of time to do this. Some links which might be useful.

If you mean 2 powerfeeds for the small led lights that light upon the camera for improved night vission, these light up when reverse is selected as long as you tap into reverse wire, if you use consent power the will always be on and the camera will always be on, not sure how this would effect using a stand alone screen, as on command picture is auto selected when reverse gear engages.

DIY: Rear-View Camera under $200 - MBWorld.org Forums

*DIY Rear Camera install w/Pics - Centered Location - MBWorld.org Forums

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOh0sXqAuic

Last edited:
Official reverse camera wires to the rear sam (fusebox), the top block (green), the middle fuse.
Reverse feed gets taken from the reverse feed on the rear light
Ground from the ground near the fusebox

The trouble is that you won't have the contact to go in the green fuse camera I suspect (and I can't remember what type it is)

R

Why not a feed from the reverse light power? Does it set off a Sensor or something , it should b quite straightforward but I just don't wan get into wrong wiring and mess something else up
Thanks guys

Jim - I took my last one from the reverse - I think "electrical engineering-wise" (if thats the correct term) you're supposed to give it it's own circuit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom