W204 reversing mirrors?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

k187

Car
C220
My w205 order was delayed for a month so I've got a brand new c180 w204 as a loaner.

When I reverse to park the mirrors don't tilt down, am I missing something or is this some add on this car doesn't have? It has a reversing camera so I'm surprised the mirrors don't also tilt down.

Think this option is only available if you have electric memory seats , I'll stand corrected if I'm wrong

I think it's an option. As my w204 has electric seats but no memory and mirrors don't do this.

If you have memory seats the mirrors move to match the desired position for each seating position, so the electronics for that are kind of already in place. In the ones without memory seats, the mirror motors must just connect to the control buttons, there's no memory module for it.

It definitely works with memory seats - you can set and store the position of the offside mirror when reverse is selected.

Try switching the mirror control to the passenger side, and them select reverse.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it only works with memory seats

I'll confirm what others have suggested: it will only work if the car has memory seats.

My SLK had manual seat adjustments, no memory, so no reverse tilt mirror.

My SL has memory seats and reverse tilt nearside mirror, BUT, before it will work you have to save the tilted position in the memory.

Also, it only tilts if the nearside mirror is selected for adjustment.

Hmm thanks guys. I haven't driven it much so not been able to test your suggestions but I'll have a look later today and report back! I drove it in such a rush I don't even remember if it has memory seats lol.

Nope selecting either mirror and putting it into reverse didn't do it.

It has electric seats, but I couldn't see any memory button so I guess it doesn't have the memory seats package. Oh we'll let's hope I don't kerb an alloy in the next month :/

k187 said:
Nope selecting either mirror and putting it into reverse didn't do it. It has electric seats, but I couldn't see any memory button so I guess it doesn't have the memory seats package. Oh we'll let's hope I don't kerb an alloy in the next month :/

I never knew you could get electric seats without memory function. You have the full electric seats with the controls on the door and not the seat?

I never knew you could get electric seats without memory function. You have the full electric seats with the controls on the door and not the seat?

It has a round mechanical wheel to make the seat go up and down, two electric switches on the seat which make it go forward and back and lean back/forward and then it has the seat shaped buttons on the door, but no M or 1,2,3,4 etc buttons next to it!

Really odd actually. It's a brand new w204 (2 weeks old, although I imagine it's only just been registered by the dealer since they stopped making them some time ago to start w205 manufacture)

It has a round mechanical wheel to make the seat go up and down, two electric switches on the seat which make it go forward and back and lean back/forward and then it has the seat shaped buttons on the door, but no M or 1,2,3,4 etc buttons next to it!

Really odd actually. It's a brand new w204 (2 weeks old, although I imagine it's only just been registered by the dealer since they stopped making them some time ago to start w205 manufacture)

Memory seats are an option on most vehicles , and so is electric memory seats , but you can have electric seats with out the memory functions ,,,,

Does it have electric folding mirrors? With BMW you only get the dipping mirror if you have electric folding mirrors.

Does it have electric folding mirrors? With BMW you only get the dipping mirror if you have electric folding mirrors.

Yeah it does. I'll have another go later today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom