W204 safety recall

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthurfuxake

Car
Merc
Thought I'd let you know, I received a letter through today advising of a recall on my 61 plate c220. It affects the charge hose which may develop cracks which will cause limp mode.

Anyone know which models are affected?

Xy

Last edited:
Sorry, letter also says the engine may cut out totally.

I'd hate to be doing 70-ish on a motorway in the right hand hand when limp mode kicks in, or engine cuts out.

Perhaps they should issue a recall incase the fuel tank becomes discharged? this could lead to similar issues?

Think of the children.

Sorry, letter also says the engine may cut out totally.

I'd hate to be doing 70-ish on a motorway in the right hand hand when limp mode kicks in, or engine cuts out.

What do you think would happen?

1. the car would stop dead as if crashed into a concrete block, it may dissapear into outer space, aliens would abduct your Wife, armageddon and looting of cities around the world?

...or;
2. you would have to either carry on if it was in limp home mode or would indicate and move to the hard shoulder if the engine cut out.

Go on, take your pick... ;)

Guys... As a number of you well know if its a VOSA managed recall then it's safety related. So the question is, did the letter come from DVLA or from MB-UK?

Your making us aware is the right thing.

I was picking up on your comment about what if it happened at 70mph on the motorway.

In all reality, other than excess black smoke, you probably wouldn't notice until requesting significant acceleration.

Dieselman said:
Your making us aware is the right thing.

I was picking up on your comment about what if it happened at 70mph on the motorway.

In all reality, other than excess black smoke, you probably wouldn't notice until requesting significant acceleration.

In which case, I apologise, I couldn't think of any other scenarios that would warrant both Merc and vosa to categorise it as a safety recall. I'd most welcome your wise reasoning.

redbaron said:
OP your username is offensive. Please change it.

Admins, could you please change my display name, or point me in the direction where I can change it myself, I didn't mean to cause any offence. I have used said name on several forums for over a decade now and this is the first time it had been flagged as offensive, for that I do apologise.

PS. Being Jewish as I am, and having lost a great grandfather in a dog-fight in WW1, I would like to point out that the images and feelings conjured up in me when I see the name redbaron are equally offensive to me. I do however, accept that it is simply a username and is not meant to cause offence.

Admins, could you please change my display name, or point me in the direction where I can change it myself, I didn't mean to cause any offence. I have used said name on several forums for over a decade now and this is the first time it had been flagged as offensive, for that I do apologise.

PS. Being Jewish as I am, and having lost a great grandfather in a dog-fight in WW1, I would like to point out that the images and feelings conjured up in me when I see the name redbaron are equally offensive to me. I do however, accept that it is simply a username and is not meant to cause offence.

So your username which could not be repeated in front of a child is more acceptable?

Are you offended every time Mr Schumacher is on tv?

This is going to be one of those threads .....

Hang on while I get my popcorn ......

Any particular mod you'd like to single out for criticism ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom