W204 Seat Belts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thebig1

Car
Mercedes C63
Hi,

Is it just me or do my front seat belts seem wrong???
I mean, every car I have ever driven, including a 2014 CLA courtecy car, have the seat belt clip (The part on the belt that clicks into the anchor) is facing inwards on my W204 but on every other car it faces out. So you have to twist the belt to engage it and this can lead to it not retracting unless I untwist.
Both passenger and drivers side are the same.

I'm wondering if the belts have been changed at some point? If you have had the car from new, I would take it back under warranty and get MB to check it. While you're there have a look at another car.

If the car was pre-owned, they may have been replaced left to right for some reason. For your sake I hope it wasn't due to accident damage.

Ernie

I checked HPI etc, car only had one owner from new, only 10k miles, looks completly straight and the deler I bought it off is the deler that sold it to them so all looks fully clear. Havent seen another C63 seat belts to see if they are the same or not.

Definitely take it back to the dealer then and get them to check it out.

Ernie

Will have to wait until the car is back from the current dealer as they seem prety usless so far lol

why not just twist the belt round through the clips..... i often find cars where the clip has some how got twisted to be the wrong way round. some people don't understand which way the face and twist them to be wrong.

i know the years have passed now but my W204 C63 coupe has the same problem and only way i can see to rectify is remove floor latch point and twist a half turn? Did you ever get to the bottom of it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom