W204 Secondhand values

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

verytalldave

MB Enthusiast
Car
W203 C200K Cubanite
Just had a quick look on a well known car sales website and I was surprised to see so many W204's are already being passed on in the £20k to £25k price range. Seeing it is still new this year, I am beginning to wonder whether there is something "not right" with this model. I have a W203 and am beginning to think about when to trade up to a W204.
Is there something I dont know?
We often see car comparison tests in magazines and on the TV between 5 or 6 differnt makes of cars. Perhaps it might not be a bad idea to run a similar comparison tests - but against the old model the new model is replacing. For example......W204 v W203 facelift v W203 v W202
I am sure it would reveal many areas where the new model isnt actually any better than the old model(s) - and maybe not as good.............

Last edited:
I am sure it would reveal many areas where the new model isnt actually any better than the old model(s) - and maybe not as good...
This is why many happy 124/201/202/208/210 owners have not "traded up". I'm not hugely impressed with the 203 and the 204 is good but not amazing. It's a lot of money to spend on something that's leaving my socks quite firmly attached.

Sport delivery problems

Havn't heard anything except delivery problems with the AMG body kitted sports model on this forum. Evidently the demand has been so high for the Sport model they cant keep up the supply of the body kits. QUOTE:- DCUK wrote to their dealers to inform them that no Sport models would be manufactured in September or October due to supply problems with the AMG bodykit. This followed a note last month where production of cars with the panoramic sunroof was restricted due to supply problems.
DCAG have been caught out by the demand for the Sport model and options like the panoramic roof which have proved much more popular with buyers than expected.
Sport production is exepcted to resume in November.

I live in North West and haven't seen a W204 in real life until I spent a couple of days down South this week. Saw several and I was pretty amazed at how many Mercs in general - I was in convoys of them at some points!

Upfront cost and then the depreciation are horrible on prestige new cars and I'm sure a lot of ordinary people are hanging on to their cars for longer. It's amazing how many of my friends and colleagues are running 3-6 year old cars now, where they've always changed at 3yrs in the past.

I live in North West and haven't seen a W204 in real life until I spent a couple of days down South this week. Saw several and I was pretty amazed at how many Mercs in general - I was in convoys of them at some points!
If you go to Hale Barns you'll only see Aston Martins, Porche Cayennes (almost exclusively sold in Altrincham ;) ) and new W204s. You can't move for them!

If you go to Hale Barns you'll only see Aston Martins, Porche Cayennes (almost exclusively sold in Altrincham ;) ) and new W204s. You can't move for them!
I must live in a poor part of the North West :(

Bizzarely, I do seem to see a lot of Audi Q7's (they are a bit difficult to miss, though!).

The lower spec models do appear to be low twenties, i've just had a look i'll have to keep an eye on that and also look at nearly new.

What is a "typical" discount from an MB dealer if there is such a thing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom