W204 slamming into gear(1st or Rev)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Den1

Car
merc 220 class sport
Had this problem intermittently since I have bought the car. Car was serviced 5 weeks ago by MB dealer who did software updates. Its happened 6 times again since then. Going back in again but I don't think they will find anything, no fault coded shown. Getting a bit cheesed off as it was an approved used car and warranty runs out on June.
Any ideas as 2 main dealers cant find the fault!:mad:

Can you describe the problem a bit more?

Maybe it's not a fault, more a characteristic of the 7 speed auto box.

Mine sometimes when coming to a standstill fairly quickly when the gearbox is still cold, it can clunk into 1st and give you a bit of a kick in the back.

its a 5 speed. its like not having your foot on the brake and revs above tick over. Does it hot or cold and going into sport mode.

Last edited:
Seriously...tell it more clearly I still am not sure what is happening and when.

when engaging 1st, reverse, or sport mode on an intermittent basis, car slams into gear even when my foot is on the brake and even when the handbrake is engaged also. It does it when its hot or cold and during different types of driving.
The only way I could possibly recreate this fault is by having no brakes on at all, increasing revs over 1k and selecting gear, don't fancy doing that!

no its an 11 plate

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom