w204 SLOW DOOR OPENING

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

w20

Car
W204 2011
I have 2011 , when opening , there is a 3 second delay, before you can open the door.

I had a 2010 (same car) that was fine.

The car always opens , but the delay is most frustrating.

Has anyone heard of a fix?.

Can you elaborate...

Do you mean you walk up to the car, unlock remotely with the fob, it unlocks but then you have to wait 3 seconds to open the door?

Or, you press unlock on the fob and it takes 3 seconds for the lock to undo?

Or, do you mean sat inside (with the auto-lock on) it takes 3 seconds for the car to unlock itself when you pull the door handle to get out?

I know exactly what you mean - it can be extremely frustrating.
So you walk up to the door, press the remote unlock button, you can hear the door lock mechanism move, pull the handle, locked!

Can you elaborate...

Do you mean you walk up to the car, unlock remotely with the fob, it unlocks but then you have to wait 3 seconds to open the door?

Or, do you mean sat inside (with the auto-lock on) it takes 3 seconds for the car to unlock itself when you pull the door handle to get out?

Hi

Many thanks for reply.

WHEN OPENING car from outside with pressing button on key , once the button is pressed, you cant open the door for 3 seconds , as mentioned my prior 2010 was instant and my wife has a 2014 which is also instant , so I know there is a problem with my 2011 .

Regards Tony

w20 said:
Hi Many thanks for reply. WHEN OPENING car from outside with pressing button on key , once the button is pressed, you cant open the door for 3 seconds , as mentioned my prior 2010 was instant and my wife has a 2014 which is also instant , so I know there is a problem with my 2011 . Regards Tony

So the lock doesn't unlock for three whole seconds after unlocking with the fob...

That is strange, I've never heard of that. Possibly the battery in the fob? But surely a faulty battery would render the remote facility useless and not working at all anyway

I know to get the windows up you have to aim the fob at the small square by the lock on the drivers door but I don't think this has any relevance with the speed of the locking mechanism

My 2011 S204 does exactly the same and it's really annoying. It'd be no good if someone was trying to jack you for your keys and you were stood there waiting for the bloody thing to open!

I'm sure someone's going to come along now and say "yah, but it's in your manual, just go into settings blah blah"!

Can you elaborate...

Hi

Yes as in line 1, this happens regarding all 4 doors I did this as a check only. but yes (from the outside) when car is locked it then takes 3 seconds , after fob has been applied , to get into (any) of the 4 doors.

Regards & Thanks

Tony

I know exactly what you mean - it can be extremely frustrating.
So you walk up to the door, press the remote unlock button, you can hear the door lock mechanism move, pull the handle, locked!

Yes

Regards Tony

My W204 is pretty much instant but my old 190e had a little delay as that had vacuum operated locks. Does the W204 use vacuum operate locks or electrical solenoids like most other cars. It's very easy to see how vacuum operated locks could have a delay due to a blockage or leaks in the pipework and might be a simple fix. Much less easy to explain a delay with solenoids.

Mine has a slight delay but its the double locking, UK market only i believe. Maybe a couple of seconds max but certainly not 3 seconds

Our W204 doesn't do this, press the key twice and all doors unlock, no delay its instant.

My 2012 e class coupe has a delay in allowing the doors to opened after they are "unlocked" The silver lock indicators pop up but there is a delay in being allowed to open the door with the handle. Its probably only a second or just over because I've just been out and tried it. after the indicator pops up in the door you can hear another mechanism actually releasing the lock. Only a guess but as mentioned somewhere above it could be a double lock mechanism. Three seconds does sound like a fair amount of time, press the button and look at your watch and let us know the result.
Cheers..

My 2012 e class coupe has a delay in allowing the doors to opened after they are "unlocked" The silver lock indicators pop up but there is a delay in being allowed to open the door with the handle. Its probably only a second or just over because I've just been out and tried it. after the indicator pops up in the door you can hear another mechanism actually releasing the lock. Only a guess but as mentioned somewhere above it could be a double lock mechanism. Three seconds does sound like a fair amount of time, press the button and look at your watch and let us know the result.
Cheers..

Hi

Thanks for your reply

Yes mine is identical , you do here that (second action) the 3 seconds is correct.
Regards Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom