W204 slow wipers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kam05

Car
C220CDI Sport (COMAND) W204
Hi all

Noticed this morning that the wipers on my 57 plate C220 CDI were sweeping across the screen slowing when clearing last nights mist/rain. Anyone had this happen to them before?

Quick read of the forums suggest that the linkages might need oiling or worse case the wiper motor is on its way out :(. Haven't read any issues with the wipers on the W204 model but have read about wiper issues with other MB models.

Car is due a service soon so will get the garage to take a look then, but if anyone can suggest anything to check then please post.

Thanks

Guys - bumping this up again.

Wipers now travel no further than 1/2 way up the screen then stop. Any ideas what's going on?

Can't find anything specific to the w204 model but reading up on this other MB models suggests that they might be issues with the stalk or arms that run underneath the scuttle? As the wipers travel 1/2 way up the screen I'd say the wiper motor is ok?

Car is a w204 57 plate (pre-BF).

Thanks

What does "BF" mean?

My 57 plate 204's wipers are fine. Do you have a video of it?

No video

Mines an earlier w204 with the om646 engine - non-blue efficency

There is a nut in the centre of the picture which links the motor to the mechanism, it may have come loose.
Have the stopped completely, will a push get them going again when the are switched on? …mind your fingers.

See… MERCEDES BENZ C 180-350 (W204) wiper linkage - OM651.911 - A2048201040 - build | eBay

2qvzfoy.jpg

Dec

Last edited:
So I've had this diagnosed and the linkage system has failed. New linkage system about £200 plus fitting :(

Was that diagnosed by a Mercedes-Benz dealer?

Dec

ernie said:
Get a second hand one! Plenty about. Ernie

Yeah, seen 2nd hand on eBay for about £100 but probably on their way out so not sure how long a 2nd hand one would last?

Personally, I would take a punt on the basis that there haven't been too many seen on here or the other forum with your problem. Having said that, I would probably give a used one a good going over, cleaning and lubing the joints before installing.

Ernie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom