W204 SMS Feature only Working Intermittently

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoroC220

Car
2011 C Class C220 Sport Edition125
I have the Feature on My W204 Comand where it shows the SMS Messages from My Samsung Galaxy S4.

When My Phone connects it asks for permission to access my messages (MAP) which I accept but 50% of the time it shows messages fine but the other 50% of the time it shows No Messages

Anyone else have this issue ????

Hi,

I experienced this issue at first, then found that by selecting the "Do not ask me again" prompt on my phone, when notifying me of bluetooth connection, the problem went away, and now I can read SMS Messages all the time.

Hope this helps & Good luck.

Hi,

I experienced this issue at first, then found that by selecting the "Do not ask me again" prompt on my phone, when notifying me of bluetooth connection, the problem went away, and now I can read SMS Messages all the time.

Hope this helps & Good luck.

I selected the "Do not ask me again" but I'm still experiencing the issues now it has got worse and I don't my SMS Messages at all. What phone are You using and if it's android what software number are you running ????

Hi

Get your firmware updated first. Then see what happens ! 2011 car still under warranty, so go see dealer and say "this happens, please update the firmware in the COMAND"

Richard

Hi

Get your firmware updated first. Then see what happens ! 2011 car still under warranty, so go see dealer and say "this happens, please update the firmware in the COMAND"

Richard

Is the firmware a separate update to the media interface and Comand updates that my car has recently had?

When I got My Galaxy S4 I was running 4.2.2 and it worked fine then I updated to 4.3 it stopped working for a few days then started working again with no issues for approx a month then all of a sudden in the last week it has been intermittent and not stopped working all together, strange this is my phone gets the message "MB would like access to your messages" I accept and it's as if then my phone doesn't access to them !!!!

Hi,

I have a Sony that is running 4.2.2

The first time I ever connected via Bluetooth, my messages were visible, however, my phone had some problem disconnecting and had to be shut down and restarted. From then on, I was unable to get SMS to show up on the car.

A simple disconnection of Bluetooth pairing with the car and restarting my phone again, then re-pairing, with selecting the "Do not ask again" prompts, seems to have solved this issue.

Fingers crossed you can get it sorted!

Hiya there

I have done exactly that and still no joy, I have even reset the Comand and done a reset on my phone and still nothing. As others have said I with take it to MB for a phone firmware update

Hi,

I have a Sony that is running 4.2.2

The first time I ever connected via Bluetooth, my messages were visible, however, my phone had some problem disconnecting and had to be shut down and restarted. From then on, I was unable to get SMS to show up on the car.

A simple disconnection of Bluetooth pairing with the car and restarting my phone again, then re-pairing, with selecting the "Do not ask again" prompts, seems to have solved this issue.

Fingers crossed you can get it sorted!

Fixed

So I Connected my mates Phone Yesterday to My Car who has the older 4.2.2 Software and instantly the SMS started to Working making me realise that the issue is with the 4.3 Update I downloaded a few months ago.

Rang Samsung who I told them of the issue that the update had done to My Car/Phone, Samsung Explained that due to 4.3 Software Glitches there was a Firmware Update that could be downloaded via Samsung Kies Only.

Downloaded the Update which took about an hour and since the Update all is well again and I am getting My SMS again, Hopefully things are all sorted

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom