W204 sport button retrofit ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jamie8954

Car
C320 Sport CDI
I have a c320 sport w204

It has sport function on the gearbox my mate has a c320 amg which has same function on gearbox but also has a sport button under the radio

Apparently the sport button changes the revs for gear changed and stiffens the suspension? He says all c320 and c350 have the same suspension and I can simply buy a button and fit it ?

Question is will there be wiring in place to simply just plug it in ?
Also does anybody have a part number for the button and how much is it from the dealer ?

Thanks in advance

It may well depend on the specific model and year. I don't have a Sport button on the gearbox of my 2012 C350, but I do have one on the dash to the left of the hazard warning triangle button. It operates the optional Dynamic Handling Pack that does what you say. I would very much hope that there's far more to it than a dashboard button because that option cost £500 when I bought my car!

Fraid not unless you have the electronically adjusted shocks inertial sensors and dedicated ECU controller. Whereas altering the electronic throttle/gear change response would simply be an electronic software modification and the wiring loom may well be in place for that the suspension involves different hardware

Fraid not unless you have the electronically adjusted shocks inertial sensors and dedicated ECU controller. Whereas altering the electronic throttle/gear change response would simply be an electronic software modification and the wiring loom may well be in place for that the suspension involves different hardware

Ok thanks , how would I tell of I have the electronically adjusted shocks etc ?

Thanks for the reply :)

If you open the bonnet you should see a couple of sensors like this bolted to a bracket on top on top of the strut towers.
15709-125-044--1-.jpg

And this is what it looks like in place:

Attachments

• C350-electronic strut.jpg
    C350-electronic strut.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 70

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom