W204 SRS controller safety recall

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vijilants

MB Enthusiast
Car
W205 C43 AMG
Just had a letter through the post from MB to get my W204 pre facelift in to a dealership for a safety recall. The SRS controller needs to be replaced immediately.

Anyone else had the same ?

No, what year is your car?

Presumably this is because of the Takata airbag problem

Are they carrying this out for free under warranty? Or is it a recall across the board, mine is 2010

Yep, had the SRS module changed on my w204 c220cdi sport 57 plate as part of the recall 2 years ago. Was in my local dealership buying wiper blades, when they entered my car's reg number into their computer it flagged up that the SRS module needed replacing as part of a warranty recall!

I just so happen to need wiperblades, may go to mb for them and also mention the recall. Although it may of been done already (I've owned it since June)

How much were the blades out of interest?

Guess a quick call to a dealer for peace of mind

Is there an online tool to check if our cars are subject to any recalls? For example like Toyota have?

Not that I've found, Merc won't share the info like most do.

I called my local mb dealer to check and my Sep 2008 car is not affected.

Posted on t'other side :

"04/04/2016 R/2016/034 MERCEDES BENZ 204 C-Class 1. airbags may fail to deploy, or 2. airbags may deploy without obvious cause WDC2049831F229809 to WDD2042772F295548
build start = 01/03/2006 build end = 30/11/2009"

If you have not had a letter, phone your local MB main dealer with your reg number and VIN.

vijilants said:
It was MB Headquarters, not a dealership.

Ah okay I see. Think due to that paste from the other side mine may be alright. Will double check my VIN against those later

just rang up and mine is due the recall, but when she rechecked it for something else the recall had gone so just waiting now for the letter through the post.

paul73mt said:
just rang up and mine is due the recall, but when she rechecked it for something else the recall had gone so just waiting now for the letter through the post.

Was it headquarters you phoned? Do you still have the number, I take it they need your VIN number or will the registration number suffice?

I had the recall letter last week, mines booked into my local merceds dealer...also getting a car to use while mines in

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom