W204 Steering Wheel Replacement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glass88

Car
220D C CLass 2013
Hey,

I'm looking to change the steering wheel on W204 13 plate C Class.

I currently have the 4 spoke steering wheel with no paddles) (left picture), and would like to replace it with a 3 spoke no paddles (right picture)

As the buttons are the exact same and there is no addition of any paddles, Would I need to remove the contact plate from my current 4 spoke steering wheel and put it into the 3 spoke new steering wheel?

I've read it's necessary if you're changing from the W203 to W204, or if you're adding Paddles, but in this instance, I'm not.

Thanks.

s-l400.jpgs-l1600.jpg

Hey,

I'm looking to change the steering wheel on W204 13 plate C Class.

I currently have the 4 spoke steering wheel with no paddles) (left picture), and would like to replace it with a 3 spoke no paddles (right picture)

As the buttons are the exact same and there is no addition of any paddles, Would I need to remove the contact plate from my current 4 spoke steering wheel and put it into the 3 spoke new steering wheel?

I've read it's necessary if you're changing from the W203 to W204, or if you're adding Paddles, but in this instance, I'm not.

Thanks.

View attachment 110177View attachment 110178
I haven't done this exact swap but did something similar on an E Class.
From my experience I would say that as the functionality is identical do the swap and try it. If it doesn't work then swap the contact plate.
Remember to disconnect the main battery and wait for about 15 min before disconnecting the airbag or you will get 1. An airbag in the face and/or 2. An airbag fault light on the dashboard.
Reconnect the airbag and ONLY THEN the main battery.

(All done at your own risk of course)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom