W204 Steering Wheel / Squib retrofit to W203 C Class Coupe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SH0X

Car
W204 C250 D Coupe
Hello

This is my first real post on the forum other than one thread I made sharing my BBS LM adventure with my first W203 Coupe (C230K) seen below but thought I should introduce myself,

Im based in London and am now dabbling with my 4th W203 coupe (long story!) and the current one is a facelift 2004 model C320 which I am improving.

My current task is to try to retrofit the W204 Steering wheel to my car. I have googled this for days and searched the forum but it returns 0 results strangely? So I decided to get stuck it and find out the hard way...

I have removed the steeringwheel and attempted to fit the w204 part and have noticed the W204's harness is the same (apart from the shape of the airbag connectors), however the steeringwheel itself does not fit the w203 squib.

Before I go any further Id like to know if anybody else has successfully done this or seen or read about or can advise as to if this would be possibile if I now purchase a W204 squib (as the squib/clockspring) seems to not allow the steering wheel to seat onto the splined shaft.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated

17033354b03e6e9077fe4b2c59428b0c3d18cd8f.jpg

Last edited:
I dont know where the edit button went but here are some images for anybody else with similar ideas

a4tu1w.jpg

nvcp36.jpg

Similar to the CL C look I guess but totally different steering wheel (that is actually a cl c wheel and w204 bag (already found out the hard way)

Last edited:
Will u have a picture off your original S. Wheel?
I'm willing to upgrade the s-wheel on my w2001 c class with the facelift model or any other newer model that will fit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom