W204 suspension/bearing noise?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Warrenfrs

Car
Seat leon
Morning peoples. After a bit of help!

Cars a 2011 c class. Makes this sound, only when turning left. It’s sounds like metal on metal, and it’s intermittent. Can go several days without hearing it. Only noticed after having a wheel changed (the offside rear, which is where the noise seems to come from).
Any ideas?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I cant hear much in that.....perhaps the disc shield had been bent enough to skim the disc occasionally?.....done that myself before as they are only pressed metal.

As it happened after a wheel change, ALFA could be right about the disc shield, but it could also be caused by the dreaded 204 rear subframe issue. You really need to get it booked in somewhere to get it inspected.

Subframe would manifest itself as some scary handling aswell. Sounds more like the heat shield or brake pad clip just catching the disc. I hear loads of cars with this noise all the time. usually its nothing serious but worth taking the wheel off to see what's catching.

If it wasn't there before logic says it's what was tampered with , jack it up and spin that wheel .

When you say that you changed the wheel, what do you mean?

If the wheel is any different the wheel bolts might be too long and grating against the parking brake inside the brake disk.

Subframe would manifest itself as some scary handling aswell. Sounds more like the heat shield or brake pad clip just catching the disc. I hear loads of cars with this noise all the time. usually its nothing serious but worth taking the wheel off to see what's catching.
Yep, was the shield. Got bent during the wheel change, 2 mins with a rubber hammer and it’s sorted. Much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom