W204 Third brake light removal ( estate )

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stewslash

Car
c class
Does anyone have a guide on how to remove the height level LED brake light on a 2011 w204 estate , mine has a few led’s out and needs changing

Hi, this is from WIS for a 2012 S204, pretty much the same I think. The document highlighted in red on the right for removing the left & right paneling is shown below the initial document.High level stop lamp.jpg Rear-door-window-frame-001.jpg Rear-door-window-frame-002.jpg

Brilliant ,thanks a lot mate [emoji1303]

This looks over complicated to me. When I removed mine I simply (very gently) levered the lamp assembly out from the outside, unplugged it, and fitted the new one.

It is quite fragile so don't force it, but then if you're replacing it anyway it doesn't matter if it breaks. Only a 10 minute job.

Hi, this is from WIS for a 2012 S204, pretty much the same I think. The document highlighted in red on the right for removing the left & right paneling is shown below the initial document.View attachment 73794 View attachment 73795 View attachment 73796
Thank you very much.

I haven't tried removing the item ................ the reason I am removing it is because I am getting water coming in through the assembly and entering the boot area. Do you know if there is a seal/gasket as part of the install. If not I might be better using a sealant [silastic or similar] to seal the top of the stoplight where the water is coming in?
Any comment or advice greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

I haven't tried removing the item ................ the reason I am removing it is because I am getting water coming in through the assembly and entering the boot area. Do you know if there is a seal/gasket as part of the install. If not I might be better using a sealant [silastic or similar] to seal the top of the stoplight where the water is coming in?
Any comment or advice greatly appreciated.
Hi! I have the same problem with my MB C220 S204 Estate 2008. Did you managed to solve this problem and if yes could you share it with me please. Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom