W204 Torque settings on brakes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've just noticed on a Ferodo video that they appear to be fitting the cut out (or crescent) pad on the outside of the brake disc - I'm now very confused.

upload_2019-7-15_12-9-3.png

Are your calipers like that ?

The ones with the backing-pad cutout go on the piston side with the arrow pointing in the direction of the disk rotation..

The above, and the photo, say anti-squeal shim - not the pad that is carrying the cut out.
Fit whichever way suits you - and reverse if noisy.

Yes - it's the material on the back of the pads which has the cut-out. It would though be good to know their orientation to save me taking the wheels off again.
I've posted photos of my brake callipers and the new pads below.
upload_2019-7-15_18-30-55.pngupload_2019-7-15_18-31-43.pngupload_2019-7-15_18-32-36.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-7-15_18-22-57.png
    upload_2019-7-15_18-22-57.png
    323.8 KB · Views: 2
The 2 with arrows goto the back. The arrow points the way the wheel turns.

Thanks, so it's arrow on the inside and pointing in the direction of rotation of disc and with the half moon cut out (crescent) at the leading edge to the brake disc. Shame Ferodo still haven't answered my query. Thanks for all the responses from everyone.

Thanks, so it's arrow on the inside and pointing in the direction of rotation of disc and with the half moon cut out (crescent) at the leading edge to the brake disc. Shame Ferodo still haven't answered my query. Thanks for all the responses from everyone.

The pads are sided . You cant go wrong tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom