W204 turbo boost hose sucking in when revved!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Martygt550

Car
C220cdi
any help advice welcome,my 2011 w204 220cdi with 99 thousand miles has displayed the engine management light and lost power,I took it to a auto spark and it was suggesting low boost(I didn't ask the code) I assumed it would be fixed fairly quickly,they have now told me they're not sure what the problem is? When the cars revved the boost pipe to the intercooler is sucking in,anyone ever have this symptom before and what was the cure?
The cars not burning any oil and has been regularly serviced by me with the correct oil and filters,it's been running fine apart from having a new throttle body fitted a few weeks ago,it was running ok after that for about 1.5 thousand miles before this new situation,the strange thing is I had drove the car into my driveway and it was driving ok,the next morning when I started it up the light was displayed and it run ok for a while then I turned the ignition of and restarted the car the light went of,on my way to the auto spark the light came on again and the lack of power(limp mode?) happened
Any suggestions I'm thinking waste gate actuator but I'm just guessing (I replaced the hose that was sucking flat hoping the hose was bad but the new hose made no difference,HELP!
Marty!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom