W204 - TV Tuner Possible?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Incom

I've ordered my first MB, a new C-Class (can't wait for it to arrive! :bannana: )

I've ordered it with COMAND, and I've been wondering if anybody knows if it is possible to fit a TV tuner? (which I believe comes as standard on the S-Class version of COMAND) I asked the dealer, and they said it may be possible but they didn't yet know how.

Congratulations on your order and welcome to the forum mate. Im not sure about the TV tuner but tell us more about your W204. What engine ?, What trim level varient ?, Any other extras ?

If you order your car with TV it will be of the Digi type and worth ordering with the car if you need or like this feature, you cant have TV on the move, but it is very handy when waiting or taking a break

Thanks gurpz. I've been lurking around the forum for a few weeks now - I've picked up loads of valuble tips already :) .

I've ordered an Iridium Silver C200K Elegance Automatic with COMAND, Parktronic, Parameter Steering, Luxury Air Con, Heated Seats, Multi-Contour Seats, Memory Seats...oh and a cup holder!

At the moment I'm driving a Toyota Avensis which has been a decent if rather dull car. This C-Class will be my first foray into the luxury car market, and I'm pretty giddy with excitment!

Looks like a fairly high spec be sure to show us some photos when you get it.

Will do gurpz. :cool:

television - I was led to believe that a TV tuner wasn't a factory fit option on the C Class, so I asked the dealer if they would be able to fit it (to which their response was they didn't know how). I realise you can't watch it when you are driving, but I tend to spend plenty of time hanging around inside the car for one reason or another so I thought it would be cool to be able to watch some TV.

Will do gurpz. :cool:

television - I was led to believe that a TV tuner wasn't a factory fit option on the C Class, so I asked the dealer if they would be able to fit it (to which their response was they didn't know how). I realise you can't watch it when you are driving, but I tend to spend plenty of time hanging around inside the car for one reason or another so I thought it would be cool to be able to watch some TV.

So sorry it is not an option. I have just looked at the options.

Little is known on this Command unit at this stage, it does say for phone navigation and entertainment, there is no mention of being able to watch DVD

What it comes down to if there is a Aux video input, then you can add your own TV, so I think it is a matter of waiting to see.
A friend has just bought one, when he comes back home I will ask to read his handbook and I will post back

Cheers thanks for that m8.

I've found quite a few references in official literature to DVD Video support, and I managed to get a couple of minutes playing with a W204 COMAND unit at the dealers which seemed to confirm that DVD video is supported.

Cheers thanks for that m8.

I've found quite a few references in official literature to DVD Video support, and I managed to get a couple of minutes playing with a W204 COMAND unit at the dealers which seemed to confirm that DVD video is supported.

Then you can add a TV your self or have an ICE shop do it for you

One more point, TV is certainly not a standard fit on the S Class.

Sorry, I didn't actually mean 'standard' - I think I was trying to say (but not very well) it is an official option as oppose to a 3rd party addon.

I don't think I would trust myself fitting a TV tuner myself, I would be too scared of making a mess of the car. Forgive my ignorance, but what is an ICE shop?

I've ordered my first MB, a new C-Class (can't wait for it to arrive! :bannana: )

I've ordered it with COMAND, and I've been wondering if anybody knows if it is possible to fit a TV tuner? (which I believe comes as standard on the S-Class version of COMAND) I asked the dealer, and they said it may be possible but they didn't yet know how.

The head unit is a Panasonic just like the W221. So a reversing camera is certainly on the menu.

Other than that it just depends if Japan has one then it would sit in the same position.

Thanks gurpz. I've been lurking around the forum for a few weeks now - I've picked up loads of valuble tips already :) .

I've ordered an Iridium Silver C200K Elegance Automatic with COMAND, Parktronic, Parameter Steering, Luxury Air Con, Heated Seats, Multi-Contour Seats, Memory Seats...oh and a cup holder!

At the moment I'm driving a Toyota Avensis which has been a decent if rather dull car. This C-Class will be my first foray into the luxury car market, and I'm pretty giddy with excitment!

No leather ???? or is that part of the heated seats / multi contour seat package ?

Congrats on your new car....look forward to seeing the pics..when do you collect it? Are you going to the factory?:)

No leather ???? or is that part of the heated seats / multi contour seat package ?

Congrats on your new car....look forward to seeing the pics..when do you collect it? Are you going to the factory?:)

In the sales book it says leather upholstery(elegance and sport only)

I'm getting it with the Artico (fake leather). Having looked at one with the Artico and one with the leather I struggled to tell the difference so I decided to stick with the Artico. The money I'm saving is paying for a couple of the other extras. To be honest I'm not all that struck on leather/artico - it looks nice, but it tends to make me sweat a bit. I used to like the velour stuff that manufacturers don't seem to use anymore (oh dear, I bet I get some flak for this :crazy: )

Provisional delivery date is the 3rd of December (ordered it around mid September). I'd love to go over to Germany to pick it up, but I'm quite busy with work so can't really take the off :(

To be honest I'm not all that struck on leather/artico - it looks nice, but it tends to make me sweat a bit. I used to like the velour stuff that manufacturers don't seem to use anymore
I'm with you on that.

Leather's great the day you buy your car, and the day you sell it.

The rest of the time it's a best expensively unnecessary, and at worst a pain (quite literally on very hot and very cold days)!!

:D

I'm with you on that.

Leather's great the day you buy your car, and the day you sell it.

The rest of the time it's a best expensively unnecessary, and at worst a pain (quite literally on very hot and very cold days)!!

:D

Very few leather cars in Sweden and North Canada through the same reason, too cold in winter. When you car had been standing out in -30-50c it was very painful for the lady drivers

When you car had been standing out in -30-50c it was very painful for the lady drivers

:eek:

Very cold for an eskimo I'd imagine. I know what it feels like on my botty after a slight frost, and it's not pleasant!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom