W204 wagon M156

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

badgx

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes e55
Sharing another AMG related video. Use earphones to enjoy the sound track 🙂

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I watched this video the other day. He does give it some Egg bacon and beans lol. Sounds lovely I agree. 👍

The review overall was really good also. Many points he highlighted were on point.

The engine is one of the all time greats and the exhaust note in my opinion is one of the all time greats. Over 10 years old now the engine in question and still keeps up with the newer variants on offer.

What a machine, the engine itself is very very addictive. Had the privilege of owning some amazing engined cars, but the 156 is so special. And always will be.

The review overall was really good also. Many points he highlighted were on point.

The engine is one of the all time greats and the exhaust note in my opinion is one of the all time greats. Over 10 years old now the engine in question and still keeps up with the newer variants on offer.

What a machine, the engine itself is very very addictive. Had the privilege of owning some amazing engined cars, but the 156 is so special. And always will be.
Yep it's a great video (excluding his incorrect assertion about the carbon ceramics) and mirrors most of my own thoughts.

I'm probably very biased when I say this, but I think the M156 in the C63 is at it's best in wagon form, purely as it's just so incongruous. I'm also more forgiving of its 1800kg kerb weight and slow gearbox in what is an obvious family car.

Liked his review. Don't find that many old reviews of the FL C63 from when it was launched. Found some old ones from Top and 5th gear however on pre FL.

Viewed this clip today, probably 3rd time simply to remind me how the performance stands towards newer models

This is also a good clip while waiting for summer :)

Yep it's a great video (excluding his incorrect assertion about the carbon ceramics) and mirrors most of my own thoughts.

I'm probably very biased when I say this, but I think the M156 in the C63 is at it's best in wagon form, purely as it's just so incongruous. I'm also more forgiving of its 1800kg kerb weight and slow gearbox in what is an obvious family car.

Does yours have the MCT transmission?

I prefer the bigger E in general over the little C 😁

My thoughts exactly. Except, the engine note is not loud enough from inside (great from outside). Better to drive with windows or roof a crack open. It sounds epic.

Does yours have the MCT transmission?

I prefer the bigger E in general over the little C 😁
Yep mine's the facelift with the MCT box. It's OK to use and you learn to get the best from it, but the shifts in M mode are quite laggy.

Yep mine's the facelift with the MCT box. It's OK to use and you learn to get the best from it, but the shifts in M mode are quite laggy.

I don't find the MCT laggy personally. In M mode. Some do, I don't. Actually suits the engine perfectly, I believe.

My thoughts exactly. Except, the engine note is not loud enough from inside (great from outside). Better to drive with windows or roof a crack open. It sounds epic.

Not loud enough inside lol. Wow, I thibk it's sounds amazing from inside. But even better with a window or roof open, or the rear seats folded down on a saloon 😁

Don't get rid of the mighty M156 full stop 😉

Not loud enough inside lol. Wow, I thibk it's sounds amazing from inside. But even better with a window or roof open, or the rear seats folded down on a saloon 😁
Yes, it's pretty muted inside below 4000 rpm. i put the sunroof tilt open to its slot and that generally fixes it, although not as much as a fully opened window. But you can do sunroof tilt in all weathers.
when I listen to the car drive past when my wife's driving it, it sounds like a beast from outside even at low speeds.
I guess that's why they create sound through speakers in newer cars, something I don't like at all.

Last edited:
Yes, it's pretty muted inside below 4000 rpm. i put the sunroof tilt open to its slot and that generally fixes it, although not as much as a fully opened window. But you can do sunroof tilt in all weathers.
when I listen to the car drive past when my wife's driving it, it sounds like a beast from outside even at low speeds.
I guess that's why they create sound through speakers in newer cars, something I don't like at all.

You want this set up, then you won't need the roof open, tilted, or Windows open 😁

I love to hear our cars driving away when my wife is driving and I’m stood outside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom