W204 wagon M156

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's even better when your driving and listening to it, then when your back home you get told, it does sound lovely your car 😁. That depends if the Mrs is a petrol head or not 😆.

My biggest regret, getting rid of my wagon.View attachment 123021
🤩 Beeeeutiful.
I do regret having chickened-out 4 years ago in not pulling the trigger on a C63 wagon that I saw and lusted after - in the days when the prices were half sensible. I just couldn't justify the supertanker mpg.
What a twonk 'twas I🙄

Attachments

• tempImageLngtaq.png
    tempImageLngtaq.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
That's one sharp ride, check out the glossy paintwork. Awesome ride👌 👍

Thank you. Detailing by my daughter! She does the wheels, too, which are a pain to get properly clean as owners will know.

Agree with the sound being 'muted' from inside. Mercedes cabin sound deadening is generally pretty good and the fact that most of the noise comes from the exhaust, get's blown at the back and not much enters the cabin. Compared to my E46 M3 which had induction noise coming from the engine bay which did enter the cabin, the 204 doesn't seem to take in much from the engine bay which is why it sounds a bit muted on the inside with all windows and roof closed.

But so what, right? Just open the windows :D as outside, they're definitely noticeable!

You want this set up, then you won't need the roof open, tilted, or Windows open 😁

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Gosh that can't be stock! My secondary cat delete doesn't sound like that!

A resonator delete too along with secondary cat delete will take the note up a notch. The young lads in the video here have a secondary cat delete, they just completed a simple resonator delete. With earphones, the sound recording is pretty accurate in this video around 8:15. 👍

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Gosh that can't be stock! My secondary cat delete doesn't sound like that!

Lol, secondary delete could never sound like that😆

I'm not sure what the set up is, but I imagine rear boxes have been replaced with straight pipes, and I wouldn't put it past having long tube headers.

I have resonator delete with straight pipes and it's perfect for my liking. Headers is a mod I could be interested in, in the future, but for now it's spotty Dog for me. Any more on a day to day car would be overkill in my opinion. With the MCT box the exhaust note can be altered with tone on the different settings. S+ and M mode bring the monster out to play, in a good way. C and S are very much less vocal.

Its probably the IPE exhaust system, that is loud I looked at 1 with full system including headers pity the car was garbage

With all the new technology on offer on the newer models. It's amazing how the 156 exhaust note is still regarded as one of the all time greats. I have said it before, all m156 engines sound unique to which body shell they have been mounted in.

C63 sounds different to the 211 E63, ML 63 sounds different to the SL 63, the 212 E 63 sounds different again.

With all the new technology on offer on the newer models. It's amazing how the 156 exhaust note is still regarded as one of the all time greats. I have said it before, all m156 engines sound unique to which body shell they have been mounted in.

C63 sounds different to the 211 E63, ML 63 sounds different to the SL 63, the 212 E 63 sounds different again.
There's no replacement for displacement, at least in comparison with the newer engines.

But with other M156 models yeah as you said, it's the C63 with the lairy exhaust note.. the S63 is a lot quieter in comparison. It's like on the C63 they let the rabid engineers free.

There's no replacement for displacement, at least in comparison with the newer engines.

But with other M156 models yeah as you said, it's the C63 with the lairy exhaust note.. the S63 is a lot quieter in comparison. It's like on the C63 they let the rabid engineers free.

Technology is replacement for displacement, but wasn't achieved with with exhaust note in my opinion on the newer models on offer.

yeah....just spotted i'd got that embarrassingly incorrect - should maybe put my glasses on :)

You were listening not observing 😁

Can't beat that 156 sound 🙈

Yes, it's pretty muted inside below 4000 rpm. i put the sunroof tilt open to its slot and that generally fixes it, although not as much as a fully opened window. But you can do sunroof tilt in all weathers.
when I listen to the car drive past when my wife's driving it, it sounds like a beast from outside even at low speeds.
I guess that's why they create sound through speakers in newer cars, something I don't like at all.
Are you on standard exhaust with your m156?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom