w204 washer bottle access

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steeplejack

Car
2008 c220 cdi sport estate auto, Lexus IS200se Auto, Transit connect T200
Hi Guys
I have a leak in the washer bottle, I cant see how to get to it, Its behind the front left wheel arch, is the inner wheel arch easily removed to gain access to the tank?
The car is a W204 sport estate, without headlight washers.
when I fill the tank it runs out, so it may be split or a pipe come loose.
the rear was works but the front dose not.
Thanks Ken

Hi Guys
I have a leak in the washer bottle, I cant see how to get to it, Its behind the front left wheel arch, is the inner wheel arch easily removed to gain access to the tank?
The car is a W204 sport estate, without headlight washers.
when I fill the tank it runs out, so it may be split or a pipe come loose.
the rear was works but the front dose not.
Thanks Ken

You' ll need to remove left daylight on the bumper, then you'll have the easy access to the tank.

problem solved

Hi I managed to get access to the washer tank and pump by removing the inner arch cover, had to take the wheel off to do it. several screws and pop out plugs to remove.
what I found was the pump seal was broken where the motor shaft enters, this allowed the water to drain back through the motor, emptying the tank and rusting the inside of the motor.
got a new motor assembly from europarts for £12.00:thumb:
after reassembling it I decided to try it before putting the arch and wheel back, it did not work, I eventually released that with the bonnet open the wipers and washers are inhibited,:doh: once the bonnet was closed all was good.:)

I eventually released that with the bonnet open the wipers and washers are inhibited,:doh: once the bonnet was closed all was good.:)

Sometimes our cars are too clever for their own good - can't remember exactly why, but I had to figure that one out as well. Best one though, my 968 cab "failed" its MoT last year 'cos the rear foglights didn't work. Turns out you have to have dipped heads on before rear fogs will come on, something the MoT tester did not realise. Boy did he feel foolish when shown - he then had to reissue the cert as a pass!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom