W204 Wheel spin skid from stationary

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

M3NickC63

Car
C63 W204 Saloon
Hi

I am having some frustration with my C63 W204, a few months ago I reset the driver profile TCU, after a few weeks of aggressive driving I managed to be able to put my foot down, to the floor from memory, and the car would make that beautiful loud noise from the exhaust as well as wheelspin/skid/slide off. It was great fun at lights, or slow moving traffic. Also when parked up flooring it from the side of the road was entertaining.

I was away for a month during the beginning of covid, and it was sat doing nothng. When I came back I noticed it no longer wanted to behave in the manner.

I did the MSL remap shortly after and still no luck, so I decided to rest the TCU again. I am noticing when flooring it from stationary it will hit maybe 4k revs, then drop down before going back up, removing any chance of that wheelspin skid take off.

I know it took a while for the driver profile to adjust after I rest it first time, so maybe it will come back in time. I am away again until next week, so unable to thrash it daily to try and bring some life back into it.

Also maybe the MSL remap is going to affect it possibly?

Maybe I am putting my foot down all the way, when it should be just below touching the floor.

Sorry If i sound like a loon, but I am sure owners will understand me and my frustration of not being able to cause a nuisance

How did you reset the TCU, with STAR?

1. Turn the igniiton key to the "on" position which is just before you crank the engine to start.
2. Press the accelerator to the floor and hold for 5 seconds.
3. Then turn the key to the off position but do not remove the key, then release the accelerator.
4. Wait at least 2 minutes

1. Turn the igniiton key to the "on" position which is just before you crank the engine to start.
2. Press the accelerator to the floor and hold for 5 seconds.
3. Then turn the key to the off position but do not remove the key, then release the accelerator.
4. Wait at least 2 minutes
That doesn’t reset the TCU, it fools the car into thinking you floored the accelerator and held it there for 5 seconds, and as a result it sharpens it’s responses accordingly, to maximise performance and “sporty feel”.

If you continue to drive like you stole it then it adapts and continues to respond in maximum attack mode. When you start driving normally again it adapts again, and backs off it’s responses in-line with the way you’re driving.

Ahh ok, so if I want that wheelspin on takeoff, just keep driving like ive stolen in?

Ahh ok, so if I want that wheelspin on takeoff, just keep driving like ive stolen in?
The harder you drive it then the more aggressive it will be. It’s not easy driving like you stole it constantly though, as soon as you back off it will start to back off.

Is it backing off the revs at exactly 4000 rpm?

Around 4k, maybe a bit less. Its like a lag feeling when it drops and goes back up

its like it wants to shift but it doesn't and gets lost, no just S+

It was doing it beutifuly before, maybe foot smashing the pedal right down is too much. May just below foot fully down

Just checked my calendar and it’s 24th May , I’ve lost track of time during lockdown but read this and thought it was 1st April 😂😂😂
Phew - was getting worried there, thanks for confirming

Issue resolved, just resorted to switching DSC off, or ESP whatever MB call it.

What a car

LOL, its not like I am constantly driving around with it off. Its just nice to know its there, and a bit of fun.

Sorry didn't know you were all so boring and dull, married life and Covid must be getting to you. Maybe try a W204, might get the juices flowing again.

I do have a W204. What's the question?

Issue resolved, just resorted to switching DSC off, or ESP whatever MB call it.

What a car
We’re you driving with traction control switched off before? If not, then that’s nkt the reason for the change in behaviour. If you’re offroad with plenty of run off then disable it, but you would be surprised how much ESP does to help you in normal driving without you even realising, and it’s the thing which gets you out of a sticky situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom