W204

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldcro

MB Enthusiast
Car
Range Rover Sport 3.0 HSE
I have had my C320CDi Elegance now for 10 months and have seen very little mention of the W204 model in this forum.

My experience is that my car has been faultless from day one, does everything I ask of it and is a pleasure to drive. I suspect other owners of W204's feel much the same so very little to write or moan about.

Thought I would just post this happy praising piece to help balance all the moaning and whinging posts that I read.

Oh! I've just thought of one thing I do not like on my car. The green warning light which indicates the lights are on is hidden by my right hand when driving.

So much for my effort to balance the good and bad postings. Such is life i guess.;)

I have had my C320CDi Elegance now for 10 months and have seen very little mention of the W204 model in this forum.

My experience is that my car has been faultless from day one, does everything I ask of it and is a pleasure to drive. I suspect other owners of W204's feel much the same so very little to write or moan about.

Thought I would just post this happy praising piece to help balance all the moaning and whinging posts that I read.

Oh! I've just thought of one thing I do not like on my car. The green warning light which indicates the lights are on is hidden by my right hand when driving.

So much for my effort to balance the good and bad postings. Such is life i guess.;)
adjust the seat hight then you will see the light or move the right hand a bit ?

Thank goodness you found something to whinge about, you're not supposed to post unless having a good old moan...

do you have roads in the shetlands how many mls do you do a year cant be much

A brand new C63 idled past me yesterday and even at crawling speeds sounded delicious. Looked good in black.
My next car will be a W204.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by ROADS. We do have about 600 metres of dirt track, and a shop.

I manage about 6.3 miles a year all in 1st and reverse gear (saves having to turn round at the end of the track).

For further information I suggest a look at Google Maps.:eek:

I'd love a 204 in the future, thanks for your write up. I hope in a few years time you'll be saying the same.

Shetland has quite a decent road network has it not, where do you service it out of interest? Which dealer did it come from?

There are some lovely roads in Shetland. There are very few cars on them hence they dont get congested (outside Lerwick anyway) and they dont get worn out.

Weather can be atrocious though!

Glad you brought this up Old Cro

Loads of talk stateside

I'm gonna change mine... common as muck in Staffordshire... only to say it must be a damn fine car... and so far i like it better every time i drive it. The early negative comments on it's release put doubts in my mind at first. If i could change anything about it..i would have gone for a bigger engine as i miss the power of my previous cars.

The interior is a major imrovment, seats are comfy but my driving position put the steering wheel right across the top of my dials..

The paddle shift is great fun on roundabouts and bendy roads

Other than that i'm still chuffed:bannana:

I'd love a 204 in the future, thanks for your write up. I hope in a few years time you'll be saying the same.

Shetland has quite a decent road network has it not, where do you service it out of interest? Which dealer did it come from?

I hope I'll be saying the same as well ***, as for servicing I have to go to Aberdeen. So if I leave the house Sunday evening I can be back home by Tuesday morning £300 to £400 less off plus the cost of the service.

Cheers

The Sports like like a cream cake - I love cream cakes.

Chaning myw23 53 palte, ha for 4 yars.black - geting 2007 203 Avavtgarde.

will buy the w204 sport n about 3 years as out of reac at the mo & the SE w204 in black looks good but not as yummy as the sport.

Good to hear about the good bits

BTW - do the 180's have very similar engines to the w203/180?
:)

I hope I'll be saying the same as well ***, as for servicing I have to go to Aberdeen. So if I leave the house Sunday evening I can be back home by Tuesday morning £300 to £400 less off plus the cost of the service.

You know John R Weir have moved from King Street to somewhere else now.

You know John R Weir have moved from King Street to somewhere else now.

Yes, their up in West Tullos Industrial Estate on Craigshaw Drive now. Should be much easier for parking as King Street was very overcrowded. They've also got 16 service bays but I'm not sure how that compares with other Mercedes dealerships.

Will be there next month for my first service, so no doubt will have to contribute handsomely towards the new premises.

Yes, their up in West Tullos Industrial Estate on Craigshaw Drive now. Should be much easier for parking as King Street was very overcrowded. They've also got 16 service bays but I'm not sure how that compares with other Mercedes dealerships.

Will be there next month for my first service, so no doubt will have to contribute handsomely towards the new premises.

It seems alot of dealers have moved up there. BMW, VW and Audi are up there. In East Tullos there is Porsche, lexus and LR. So while you wait for car to be serviced, try a few others ;)

It seems alot of dealers have moved up there. BMW, VW and Audi are up there. In East Tullos there is Porsche, lexus and LR. So while you wait for car to be serviced, try a few others ;)

I've had two Lexus' from there, well built but no soul in my opinion. The last one was an IS250 SEL which had all the toys but now I get better performance using less fuel and feel the Mercedes has charater. Do miss the reversing camera and keyless-go though.

Also had a BMW from there as well, did not like it and the worse dealership of any make I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. Car needed new brake disc all round after 1400 miles and they then conned me into paying for new pads which were not needed. Great place to meet holier-than-thou salesmen who talk down to you. They put me off BMW's for life. On second thought they may have done me a favour.

Will not visit the Audi dealer as they are owned by the same company who own the BMW dealer.

Porsche are way out of my league and not the type of car I want.

Landrover are OK but we have a local dealer here.

So it's into town to John Lewis and M&s etc. to shop if I've any cash left before catching the ferry home.

I'll definately get a w204 too, but i'll do what i did with the w202. I spotted and fell in love with the w202 when i was 14-15? around the time the C36 was made, and then i bought one when i hit 21, since it got cheaper :).

So now all i gotta do is wait a few years til the w204's get run in, and reports come in that they are back to the build quality of w201's or w202's and i'll buy one! (probably a c350 or maybe a c63, depending on the financials later on :D)

Latest news, my C320CDi Elegance has just had its first "A" service.

The service cost just £300. JUST? did I write that?:eek:

Getting the car to the dealers took 39 hours away from home and cost an additional £224.

Nothing was needed other than the usual servicing, so I celebrated by buying a spare pair of wiper blades (£32) :D

The trip down took 13 hours in gale to severe gale force winds, not a journey to do by choice if like me you're no sailor. Luckily the weight of my wallet kept me anchored to my bunk. Fortunately it was much calmer (relatively speaking) for the return trip as my wallet was somewhat lighter and would not have given the security of the extra weight (like I need any more weight:eek: ) It did mean the return trip a little faster, only taking 12 hours to reach Lerwick.

One thing did disappoint me about the trip though. My dealership is John R Weir's of Aberdeen, now in a purpose built 16 bay workshop with all the trimmings. I expected to find there a shop with all the items from the Mercedes Accessories and Boutique ranges as shown on their web site. Instead all they had was a couple of glass cabinets with a few items showing. Not what I expected as Mercedes recommend a visit to you're dealership should you wish to buy. Much easier to stay home and Email your order for any items you want or can you buy direct?

That's the end of this W204 news bulletin.

oldcro:)

Latest news, my C320CDi Elegance has just had its first "A" service.

The service cost just £300. JUST? did I write that?:eek:
)

Wait till you need a B Service, then you'll laugh, but only until you realise they are serious, then comes the tears.

My son bought a new Seat Leon and the Seat dealer has serviced it 3 times now, all 3 services for a total of only £300. I don't know how Mercedes have got away with it for so long.

Russ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom