W205 18 inch AMG alloys

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BEETLE66

Car
W204 C220
I only recently collected a facelift W204 estate as a family work horse for longer trips and taking the dog out.

It came with 16" 5point twin spoke alloys. Slready I have my eye on some 18" AMG's off a W205. And assuming no fitment or offset issues.

Question is are these prone to cracking? Reading through I can see the 19"s have issues. Also snd ride compromise issue

Tia

Any wheel can crack if you hit a curb or deep enough pot hole, the wheels themselves aren't prone to crack. Obviously the more rubber protecting them makes that bit difference .

I have the 18“ AMG 5 Spoke and am sticking with them as the 19” wheels do compromise the ride. The ride on the 18”s is fine, and will improve even more when the fitted Conti run flats wear out and can be replaced with standard tyres! hth

I believe wheels nowadays are more prone to cracking due to run flat tyres. Theres just not enough sidewall pliancy for absorption of the energy transmitted when hitting a pothole at speed which obviously has to go somewhere. It goes through the wheels first.

I'd say stick with the 18" and get some non-run flat tyres on it. Im not happy with the runflats on the W205 18" wheels either, theyre fine until you hit a pothole and then its almost like the earth is caving in under you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom